XCR Forum banner

Speaking of Waco.... Feds are going after a cattle rancher

29K views 279 replies 19 participants last post by  Tech Man 
#1 ·
» Armed Feds Prepare For Showdown With Nevada Cattle Rancher Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Ruby Ridge-style standoff brewing as Bundy says he is prepared to be killed
Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
April 7, 2014

A Ruby Ridge-style standoff is brewing in Nevada, where dozens of armed federal agents are closing in on cattle rancher Cliven Bundy over claims that Bundy has allowed his cows to graze illegally on government land, endangering a protected species of tortoise.

Las Vegas News Video - 8 News NOW

Vowing to take a stand for, “your liberty and freedom,” Bundy says he is prepared to be killed as authorities surround a 600,000 acre section of public land as a result of Bundy violating a 1993 Bureau of Land Management ruling which changed grazing rights in order to protect the endangered desert tortoise.​
“With all these rangers and all this force that is out here, they are only after one man right now. They are after Cliven Bundy. Whether they want to incarcerate me or whether they want to shoot me in the back, they are after me. But that is not all that is at stake here. Your liberty and freedom is at stake,” Bundy said.​
Bundy’s refusal to recognize federal authority over the land under dispute and his failure to pay tens of thousands of dollars in grazing fees stems from his assertion that his family’s history trumps bureaucracy.​
“My forefathers have been up and down the Virgin Valley ever since 1877. All these rights I claim have been created through pre-emptive rights and beneficial use of the forage and water. I have been here longer. My rights are before the BLM even existed,” Bundy said.​
Accusing feds of seizing Nevada’s sovereignty, Bundy says he has fought the battle legally, through the media, and is now gearing up to fight it physically.​
“Armed agents are forming a a military-like staging area to prevent anyone from approaching the area,” writes Mike Paczesny.​
Bundy asserts that his case is emblematic of how America has been transformed into a “police state,” labeling the government’s actions “pathetic”.​
Hundreds of federal officials, aided by helicopters, low flying aircraft and hired cowboys, began rounding up Bundy’s cattle on Saturday as Bundy accused them of “trespassing,” adding that the impact will only serve to raise beef prices for residents of Las Vegas 80 miles away.​
Feds postponed a similar raid in 2012 over fears the action would spur violence. Bundy has drawn a lot of support from the local community and protesters are heading to the area to demand authorities back off. Officials have created a taped off “First Amendment Area” where demonstrators can voice their concerns. A sign placed inside the area reads “Welcome to Amerika – Wake Up” alongside a hammer and sickle logo.​
“The rights were created for us,” Bundy told the Las Vegas Review Journal. “I have the right to use the forage. I have water rights. I have access rights. I have range improvement rights, and I claim all the other rights that the citizens of Nevada have, whether it’s to camp, to fish or to go off road.”​
Addressing the justification of seizing the cattle to protect a species of tortoise, Bundy stated, “I’ll never get it. If it weren’t for our cattle, there’d be more brush fires out here. The tortoises eat the cow manure, too. It’s filled with protein.”​
The standoff has echoes of the 1992 Ruby Ridge incident, during which Randy Weaver, accused of selling an ATF agent two illegal sawed-off shotguns, became embroiled in a tragic confrontation with the the United States Marshals Service (USMS) and the FBI, resulting in the death of Weaver’s son Sammy, his wife Vicki, and Deputy U.S. Marshal William Francis Degan.​
The story also brings back memories of New Hampshire couple Ed and Elaine Brown, who were involved in a nine month standoff with armed law enforcement and feds as a result of their refusal to pay income tax. The Browns were later convicted of “plotting to kill federal agents” because of their refusal to surrender and were both given de facto life sentences.​
In a series of YouTube videos, Cliven Bundy and his wife outline the background behind their decision to take a stand against the feds, arguing that their fight is a constitutionally-driven line in the sand to push back against the usurpation of big government.

################################################## ######################

If you are in Nevada; you might want to lend this guy support.

US Forest Service is currently evaluating closing roads in the National forests under the guise that they don't have money to maintain them. What the Federal Government is doing is trying to restrict access to public lands by hook or by crook as part of creating biospheres as part of the UN Agenda 21.

See less See more
#2 ·
Maybe a trip to Nevada is in order......of course, as Bob Wright said when asked by the FBI if he would muster his militia to the site of a future Waco...."Why would I do that for? There's plenty of you Federal sons of bitches right here!"

#3 ·
Son of rancher in public land dispute arrested by BLM - Las Vegas MyNews3 - KSNV

LAS VEGAS (KSNV MyNews3.com) -- A son of Mesquite rancher Cliven Bundy has been arrested by Bureau of Land Management rangers.

Dave Bundy was arrested at 4:30 p.m. Sunday as he was in a car parked along State Route 170 near Mesquite.

"He was there to do some filming when about 11 federal agents pulled up and arrested him," Clive Bundy told News 3. "They said he was outside of the First Amendment area and they took him down. We don't know where he is now."

The BLM confirmed the arrest in an emailed statement:

"An individual is in custody in order to protect public safety and maintain the peace," BLM spokeswoman Kirsten Cannon wrote. "The individual has rights and therefore details about the arrest will not be disclosed until and unless charges are filed."

Cliven Bundy is embroiled in a dispute with the BLM and National Park Service over the court-ordered removal of his cattle from 1,200 square miles of northeast Clark County. The cattle have been grazing on public land for more than 20 years since his grazing permit was revoked in 1993.

Contracted cowboys removed 58 head of cattle Sunday in addition to the 75 impounded Saturday. The government's plan is to have all cattle removed within 30 days.

Most of 600,000 acres of public land in the northeast part of the county has been temporarily closed to the public during the impound; the removal operation is being conducted by contracted cowboys from a company in Utah.

The First Amendment areas are designated by the government for people to express their free speech rights about the subject.

Small protests were held Saturday morning on one of the areas and another was held in Mesquite.

Earlier Saturday, one of Bundy's daughter's was "harassed" by five BLM rangers while she was parked along the same road. Bundy said they threatened to give Stephey Cox several tickets and take her to court.

He said Cox told the BLM rangers they did not have jurisdictional or arrest powers.

"But what was bad is there was a Nevada State Highway trooper within about a hundred feet of all this action and he didn't come to help her," Bundy said. "She said I will recognize his (the trooper's) jurisdictional authority if he would just come and tell me to move or whatever and he would not come and so they harassed her for quite awhile."

Bundy told News 3 that he hopes that Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie will step in and end the dispute and confiscation of his cattle.

"The federal government has no jurisdiction or authority here," Bundy said. "The sheriff has unlimited constitutional authority, arresting and policing powers and all he has to do is say no and this thing would be over. Those people would back out and move out of here."

Bundy said he was considering a possible lawsuit as another course of action.

He did not make any more physical threats such as he made Saturday, but he did compare the action to Ruby Ridge and Waco, Texas, where citizens were killed in confrontations with the federal goverment.

"They are the same agents who killed that kid over at Red Rocks," Bundy said, referring to the Feb. 14 fatal shooting of a 20-year-old by two BLM rangers.

In a Sunday afternoon news conference call, Lake Mead National Recreation Area spokeswoman Christie Vanover, said the government's hopes violence will be avoided.

"We support everyone's rights to express themselves lawfully and peacefully, but when threats are made that could jeopardize the safety of the American people, the contractor and our personnel, we have the responsibility to provide law enforcement to account for their safety."

Vanover said the cost of the impoundment action won't be know until the event is concluded. Some estimates have placed it as high as $3 million.

#5 ·
Son of rancher in public land dispute arrested by BLM - Las Vegas MyNews3 - KSNV

LAS VEGAS (KSNV MyNews3.com) -- A son of Mesquite rancher Cliven Bundy has been arrested by Bureau of Land Management rangers.

Dave Bundy was arrested at 4:30 p.m. Sunday as he was in a car parked along State Route 170 near Mesquite.

"He was there to do some filming when about 11 federal agents pulled up and arrested him," Clive Bundy told News 3. "They said he was outside of the First Amendment area and they took him down. We don't know where he is now."

The BLM confirmed the arrest in an emailed statement:

"An individual is in custody in order to protect public safety and maintain the peace," BLM spokeswoman Kirsten Cannon wrote. "The individual has rights and therefore details about the arrest will not be disclosed until and unless charges are filed."

Cliven Bundy is embroiled in a dispute with the BLM and National Park Service over the court-ordered removal of his cattle from 1,200 square miles of northeast Clark County. The cattle have been grazing on public land for more than 20 years since his grazing permit was revoked in 1993.

Contracted cowboys removed 58 head of cattle Sunday in addition to the 75 impounded Saturday. The government's plan is to have all cattle removed within 30 days.

Most of 600,000 acres of public land in the northeast part of the county has been temporarily closed to the public during the impound; the removal operation is being conducted by contracted cowboys from a company in Utah.

The First Amendment areas are designated by the government for people to express their free speech rights about the subject.

Small protests were held Saturday morning on one of the areas and another was held in Mesquite.

Earlier Saturday, one of Bundy's daughter's was "harassed" by five BLM rangers while she was parked along the same road. Bundy said they threatened to give Stephey Cox several tickets and take her to court.

He said Cox told the BLM rangers they did not have jurisdictional or arrest powers.

"But what was bad is there was a Nevada State Highway trooper within about a hundred feet of all this action and he didn't come to help her," Bundy said. "She said I will recognize his (the trooper's) jurisdictional authority if he would just come and tell me to move or whatever and he would not come and so they harassed her for quite awhile."

Bundy told News 3 that he hopes that Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie will step in and end the dispute and confiscation of his cattle.

"The federal government has no jurisdiction or authority here," Bundy said. "The sheriff has unlimited constitutional authority, arresting and policing powers and all he has to do is say no and this thing would be over. Those people would back out and move out of here."

Bundy said he was considering a possible lawsuit as another course of action.

He did not make any more physical threats such as he made Saturday, but he did compare the action to Ruby Ridge and Waco, Texas, where citizens were killed in confrontations with the federal goverment.

"They are the same agents who killed that kid over at Red Rocks," Bundy said, referring to the Feb. 14 fatal shooting of a 20-year-old by two BLM rangers.

In a Sunday afternoon news conference call, Lake Mead National Recreation Area spokeswoman Christie Vanover, said the government's hopes violence will be avoided.

"We support everyone's rights to express themselves lawfully and peacefully, but when threats are made that could jeopardize the safety of the American people, the contractor and our personnel, we have the responsibility to provide law enforcement to account for their safety."

Vanover said the cost of the impoundment action won't be know until the event is concluded. Some estimates have placed it as high as $3 million.

WTF IS A "FIRST AMENDMENT AREA"?

You have got to be fucking kidding me........

Reactions: kansas
#4 · (Edited)
If you are on a "Committee of Safety" (Militia) as we like to say these parts this may get more intense as this just popped up in my FB feed from a reliable source.

Font Screenshot Number Document Terrestrial plant

#7 ·
The turtle use the cow paths, before cows it was Buffalo, back when 6000 sheep and hundreds of cattle were in the area the tortoises were thick and every-where, when they restrict live-stock grazing the critters die. this has been shown over and over again

#11 ·
You know, at the risk of seeming even more 'radical' than I already do and risking alienating the rest of the sheeple; I just wonder how different situations like this would go should a large group of openly armed (with "home defense" rifles) individuals protested these types of infringements. Could be a blood bath....could be a lot more peaceful with a lot more respect. "An armed society is a polite society". Too bad we won't ever organize enough to find out until bloodshed is likely the only end result.

Reactions: bgreed and Bravo
#12 ·
A note to all my patriotic friends who want to head to rancher Cliven Bundy's place to make sure another Ruby Ridge doesn't happen. The roads (dirt & paved) will be under constant drone surveillance. You have only two choices on how to get to Bundy's place.

1) Small groups carrying enough food & water for several days and get DROPPED OFF several miles away from the fed blockade and infiltrate toward the ranch during hours of darkness. Recognize that if the drones are running thermal imagining you may still get caught. If you choose travel in daylight, remember that there will be govt personnel out in the woods assigned to act as a picket line. To get past them without them sounding the alarm may require you to kill one or more of them.

2) Mass hundreds of people and crash the fed party. Some people WILL get shot when that happens - and you'll then be inside the containment zone. That can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your plan.

Whatever you choose, recognize there is a good chance you'll get killed or go to jail in the end. Not telling you "Don't do it". Suggesting you know what the future may hold at the time you make the decision.

I will also suggest you may be more useful looking at the backs of the feds' through your reticle. But the same infiltration rules still apply.

#14 · (Edited)
Great points.....You can rest assured that the drones are running FLIR. Night time might actually be worse than daytime running for that reason. ROE, if anything like A-Stan or IRQ (not saying that's the case) would be if you see someone with a weapon, they are a target. Keep that in mind while getting to the AO.

Make no mistake: This is deadly serious business.

A "Boston Massacre" event may be in the making here....not a Lexington green. Still, that event was crucial to the lead up to revolution.

Reactions: bgreed
#13 ·
Multi-pronged is best. Group of armed "protestors" outside their perimeter with a credible threat that if this turns into another Waco or Ruby Ridge, there will be deadly consequences....for both sides.

....and then all the other "groups". ;)

The problem is getting enough people riled up to actually DO something about it.

#15 ·
And this is where I was back in '93.
Waiting, gear ready, for someone to give the "saddle up" command.
That command never came, and the "militias" are a bunch of bickering old ladies in camo. At least in Texas they were.
Sean is right, there's no way that we'll be organized when all of this kicks off. And it'll be either a horrible, bloody lesson, or the end of us.

#16 ·
And now hopefully we all understand why drones in US airspace should be illegal. It's a clear violation of the right to privacy and I'd still argue one of the big reasons for the 4th A is to allow "revolutionaries" like the founders, the ability to move about and plan the overthrow of a corrupt government. The surveillance state makes that much more difficult.

Reactions: bgreed
#17 ·
I will be your huckle-bearer, play for blood right ?
Forehead Facial expression Hat Dress shirt Sleeve

The rest of the quote is thus ""If you're coming here to protest. make your funeral plans"

#18 ·
Some true grit journalists need to find a way to "embed" themselves and broadcast live on location alongside the rancher in and around his home. When the raiders hit, there will be shock and awe for the networks. Shock and awe at the tyranny they witness coming down.

#19 ·
Except, like the Feds did at Waco and RR, they'll have them isolated miles from the site so they can write the narrative.

#21 ·
Yes. It is in reference to all the contracted cowboys coming in from Utah for the roundup.

#24 ·
Still. To have it on record, live. Powerful. Forget the MSM. Don't need them. It would be blasted all over the net regardless. The MSM wouldn't be relevant. People need to see this kind of behavior as it truly is manifested, not the edited garbage that MSM spoon feeds them. It needs to be visceral and in your face, because that is exactly what this is all about. Stormtroopers getting all over people, into their property, into their face. It must be documented and projected out for all to see. Especially on a high profile case like this is becoming.

#26 ·
Sipsey Street Irregulars: The Bundys vs. the BLM Nazis. It's past time for the governor of Navada to intervene with a little adult supervision.

he Bundys vs. the BLM Nazis. It's past time for the governor of Navada to intervene with a little adult supervision.
Why is this impotent, useless piece of GOP trash smiling?
The Washington Free Beacon reports on the "Last Man Standing."
Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval (R.) voiced his concern about so-called “First Amendment Areas,” designated locations set up by the BLM where citizens can protest the removal.​
“Most disturbing to me is the BLM’s establishment of a ‘First Amendment Area’ that tramples upon Nevadans’ fundamental rights under the U.S. Constitution,” he said in a statement Tuesday.​
“To that end, I have advised the BLM that such conduct is offensive to me and countless others and that the ‘First Amendment Area’ should be dismantled immediately,” he said. “No cow justifies the atmosphere of intimidation which currently exists nor the limitation of constitutional rights that are sacred to all Nevadans. The BLM needs to reconsider its approach to this matter and act accordingly.”​
Sandoval also said his office has received numerous complaints about the BLM’s conduct, including road closures and “other disturbances.”​
Hey, Guv. How about actually using your state police to shield your citizens from another Waco? By the way, these BLM "rangers" are not exactly nice people. See:​
Or these stories about the victimization of the Boyd family: FBI probing accusations filed against BLM ranger, and "$5.6 million lawsuit filed in dunes case." And after this shocking attack on the Boyds, BLM ranger Ray Leloup was appartly promoted by BLM for his thuggery.
And it's not like the Bundys can expect help from their own local sheriff, Douglas C. Gillespie, who is a member of the same Las Vegas Democrat Party corruption ring that supports Harry Reid. Oath Keepers reports that Gillespie sits on the DHS “Working Group on Countering Violent Extremism” along with the Southern "Poverty" Law Center. No, the Bundys cannot expect any help from that quarter. Indeed, in terms of so-called "law enforcement," the Governor is the only possible help that the Bundys can expect if they do not wish to become the next federally-selected burning-like-a-torch Branch Davidians.​
As Carol Bundy observes, “This is just about power of the government,” and she asks, plainively:​
“The story is a lot about the cattle, but the bigger story is about our loss of freedom,” Carol Bundy added. “They have come and taken over this whole corner of the county. They’ve taken over policing power, they’ve taken over our freedom, and they’re stealing cattle.” “And our sheriff says he just doesn’t have authority, our governor says he doesn’t have authority, and we’re saying, why are we a state?”
Indeed. Why are you Governor, Sandoval?

Reactions: Difranco
#27 ·
Click that last link to email the Governor to tell him to step in and assert Nevada's sovereignty. It only takes a minute to fill out the comment form.

Reactions: Mechanic
#28 · (Edited)
Now they're tazing protestors....I don't think this is going to end well. Allegedly, the rancher has been "paying" the fees....it's in an escrow account or something. He's just not released it to the feds in protest.

Here's a statement made by the daughter of Cliven Bundy! It will help you get what's going on!
At least it should!
" Words from Shiree Bundy Cox:
I have had people ask me to explain my dad's stance on this BLM fight. Here it is in as simple of terms as I can explain it. There is so much to it, but here it s in a nut shell. My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there. Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972. These men bought and paid for their rights to the range and also built waters, fences and roads to assure the servival of their cattle, all with their own money, not with tax dollars. These rights to the land use is called preemptive rights. Some where down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the bureau of land management. They were supposed to assist the ranchers in the management of their ranges while the ranchers paid a yearly allotment which was to be use to pay the BLM wages and to help with repaires and improvements of the ranches. My dad did pay his grazing fees for years to the BLM until they were no longer using his fees to help him and to improve. Instead they began using these money's against the ranchers. They bought all the rest of the ranchers in the area out with they're own grazing fees. When they offered to buy my dad out for a penence he said no thanks and then fired them because they weren't doing their job. He quit paying the BLM but, tried giving his grazing fees to the county, which they turned down. So my dad just went on running his ranch and making his own improvements with his own equipment and his own money, not taxes. In essence the BLM was managing my dad out of business. Well when buying him out didn't work, they used the indangered species card. You've already heard about the desert tortis. Well that didn't work either, so then began the threats and the court orders, which my dad has proven to be unlawful for all these years. Now their desperate. It's come down to buying the brand inspector off and threatening the County Sheriff. Everything their doing at this point is illegal and totally against the constitution of the United States of America. Now you may be saying," how sad, but what does this have to do with me?" Well, I'll tell you. They will get rid of Cliven Bundy, the last man standing on the Bunkerville allotment and then they will close all the roads so no one can ever go on it again. Next, it's Utah's turn. Mark my words, Utah is next.
Then there's the issue of the cattle that are at this moment being stolen. See even if dad hasn't paid them, those cattle do belong to him. Regardless where they are they are my fathers property. His herd has been part of that range for over a hundred years, long before the BLM even exsisted. Now the Feds think they can just come in and remove them and sell them without a legal brand inspection or without my dad's signature on it. They think they can take them over two boarders, which is illegal, ask any trucker. Then they plan to take them to the Richfeild Aucion and sell them. All with our tax money. They have paid off the contract cowboys and the auction owner as well as the Nevada brand inspector with our tax dollars. See how slick they are?
Well, this is it in a nut shell. Thanks"

#35 ·
Reactions: Difranco
#36 ·
And they'd be right (unless they gave land away under contract)....except they lost the war. Looks like we may have to have another one to settle the current issue.

#34 ·
Don't worry Sig, I wouldn't do that to you.
We'd keep it classy.
Besides, you guys "gave" us the valley of fire close to there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.