XCR Forum banner

Wonder Who The Shooter Will Turn Out to Be?

10K views 73 replies 8 participants last post by  Sean K. 
#1 ·
Reporter, cameraman shot to death on air in central Virginia

Reporter, cameraman shot to death on air in central Virginia
Associated Press
12 mins ago

TWEET
EMAIL

MONETA, Va. (AP) — A television reporter and cameraman were shot to death on the air during a live broadcast Wednesday morning from a shopping center in Virginia.

Jeffrey A. Marks, general manager of WDBJ-TV, identified the two killed as Alison Parker and Adam Ward. Marks said state and county police "are working very diligently to track down both the motive and the person responsible for this terrible crime against two fine journalists."
Video shows Parker interviewing someone about tourism on Bridgewater Plaza in Franklin County. She was smiling when suddenly at least eight shots were heard. Parker screams, runs and can be heard saying, "Oh my God."
As the camera drops to the ground, it captures what appears to be a fleeting image of the shooter. The person is wearing black pants and a blue top and appears to be holding a handgun.
The station then switches back to a shot of an anchor back at the station, who appears shocked and says, "OK, not sure what happened there. We will of course let you know as soon as we find out what those sounds were from."
In a tweet, the station said: "We love you, Alison and Adam."
Parker just turned 24 and attended James Madison University, where she was the editor of the school's newspaper, The Breeze. She also had been an intern at WDBJ-TV.
According to her Facebook page, Parker spent most of her life outside Martinsville, Virginia. She was an avid kayaker and attended community theater events in her spare time.
Her boyfriend, WDBJ anchor Chris Hurst, said they hadn't shared their relationship publicly but "were very much in love." He said they had just moved in together and wanted to get married.
"I am numb," he said.
The station's website says Ward was 27 and a graduate of Virginia Tech. He was engaged to a producer at the station, Melissa Ott, said WDBJ spokesman Mike Morgan.
"Adam was our go-to guy. He pretty much was available to do anything that we asked," Morgan said. "He did live shots during our morning show for several years."
The station is based in Roanoke, Virginia, and serves the southwest and central part of the state. The shopping mall where the incident happened is just off Smith Mountain Lake in Moneta, about 25 miles southeast of Roanoke.
© WDBJ7 Video still of reporters Alison Parker & Adam Ward

See less See more
#7 ·
Who would have guessed a gay black guy?

The level of methodical planning that went in to it is pretty disturbing, for those of you who have seen his GoPro video you know what I mean. The gun used was definitely a Glock, 17/22 or 19/23 for those that are curious about that kind of thing.

#8 ·
White folk gonna riot....loot for justice....some white celebrity will probably tweet the home address of his parents and their phone number....er prolly not.

The SLPC needs to issue a paper about the dangerous gay black leftist hate groups and classify them as domestic terrorists....er prolly not.

If Obama had a son...

#18 ·
Sean

Can you give me the last president who didn't run a theater production for the public?

As far as class warfare in the US with presidents being the director of the production company, you can at least go back 120 years and pick the director of your choice.

My only point is I don't believe Obama sees this as a black vs white.

#20 ·
Sweet Jesus...your excuse is that it's okay 'cause everybody else does it? :rolleyes:

You're delusional if you don't think his perception of race hasn't molded his opinions and actions....You can't listen to Rev. Wright's sermons and not think it doesn't taint one's perspective...on BOTH sides of the aisle.

#53 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.