A good cause
Like Tree45Likes
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A good cause

A good cause

Guys,
    You know that I don't ask anything for myself, but every so often I do make a request known for something serious.
    In this case, it's my Older Brother.

Right now I'm on a shuttle headed to the airport because things have gotten really serious within the last 24 hours. His daugher-in-law (I can't keep relational lines like what that makes her to me that straight in my head - to me she's "part of my family") "helped" him set up a page for donations, mostly against his desires. He's just too proud to ask for help, like many of us. But now he really needs it.

If you could check out this page, I'd appreciate anything you could spare.
    https://www.gofundme.com/wv394ds-joes-medical-fund
    Even moreso, I'd appreciate it if you keep him in your prayers. I've always said that there's power in prayer, and mighty power in the prayers of people coming together in that effort, in the same mind.

It's really hard to deal with right now. I'll be there for the next couple of weeks, so if I don't check in to often don't think it's for any other reason than just being too busy. I will as I can though!

Thank you, and peace to you all.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Bravo, is this your brother I met at SHOT last year?

One and the same.....
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Man sorry to hear that, seems like a super guy. He's going on the prayer chain. I will make a donation tomorrow. Sorry man! God's grace.
    Bravo likes this.

Yeah, it's been a real kick in the teeth for us.
    I just wish they'd let us board this stupid plane and tonight would be over soon.
    I really do appreciate the prayers! The hard part is not knowing.....

Let a brother know if he can do anything else.
    Bravo likes this.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Dang B.
    May God in His Grace Shine His Light on your brother and his family.
    Bravo likes this.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

So sorry to see this, B. Been away from the site for a few days with work stuff.

Planning to send something tomorrow.

God bless your family. You guys are in my prayers.
    Bravo likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Thoughts and prayers, B.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"
    -- (reiterated without permission) Rich Hornay

Guys, I really do appreciate all the prayer and help - and I mean that more than you can imagine!

As an update, they have been adjusting his meds and finally got him to the point they felt like it was possible to pull him out of the chemical induced coma. That sedative was some powerful stuff! Took him just about a full day to come out of it, although there are still some artifacts working their way out. They watched closely for days - hooked up to the most inticate eeg I'd ever seen, like a head full of technicolor dreadlocks - and no sign of seizure.

They'd changed his chemo and started on some really hard stuff though - two at a time. The thought was that if they didn't go at it as aggressively as possible, the growth would out-pace the chemo (what was happening before) and he just wouldn't make it. So now he's actually awake and off the ventilator, and the same guy he was before, although missing some sight in one eye.

This, literally, is miracle stuff!

And just for reference, the nurse said that when someone is in a chemical induced coma, they are "just out" so they can't hear or feel anything. Except his daughter-in-law said differently, and that hearing was the last thing to go.
    He heard everything, and could quote several things we'd said to him.
    The reason I bring this up is because someone has said to me "I wish I could have told her" relating to the same circumstance. Always try. I don't know if it's always is this way, but I'm 110% positive that it was this time. When one of us would talk to him, we could see brain activity on that eeg, so we kept reassuring. Please don't ever believe it's too late.

All glory and praise to our Lord! Prayers are heard, and He does watch over us!
    Sean K. and Merlin like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors