Like Tree4Likes
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARAK21 - Faxon Firearms

ARAK21 - Faxon Firearms

Interesting...5.56 and 300 BO kits. Heard about them from reports at SHOT and have been following them on Facebook. Looks like they are finally up and running with presales of the uppers and both kits. I think it would look a little better without the huge ARAK-21 plastered on the side. Some interesting color choices too...black, silver, green, blue? and red?. I guess the last two colors would help "de-evilize" the rifle . Removable side/bottom rails and they updated it before release with 4 gas settings (3 gas and 1 off for single shot use).

Welcome to Faxon Firearms

Too bad Robarms couldn't get their 6.5 and 300 kits together...and most other things for that matter !!!

Talked with these guys at SHOT. Interesting product, they were still in the dark on a lot of details but looking for dealers. Gave them my info but haven't heard anything since. Like the fact that it goes on an AR receiver but, just like RA, the rest is all FAXON. No idea if they're going to be any better than RA is on getting parts out.

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    Talked with these guys at SHOT. Interesting product, they were still in the dark on a lot of details but looking for dealers. Gave them my info but haven't heard anything since. Like the fact that it goes on an AR receiver but, just like RA, the rest is all FAXON. No idea if they're going to be any better than RA is on getting parts out.
    I still can't figure out the gun industry.

Why would these guys be looking for dealers if they'll sell direct to the end user? I would at least like to think that per the list price they give out online they give dealers a better multiplier off of list to make it worth your time selling the product.

It would also scare me that you'd consider these guys "still in the dark on a lot of details but looking for dealers". Can't put the cart before the horse, and you better have your act together before you go to market.

Interesting though.
    Just because you can't change everything doesn't mean that you have to choose to do nothing.

Keep us posted as to the availability of spare parts and complete uppers. Buying another weapon that is from a small manufacturer that is parts specific like RA will make me think twice. But still interesting.
    "Molon Labe!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    I still can't figure out the gun industry.

Why would these guys be looking for dealers if they'll sell direct to the end user? I would at least like to think that per the list price they give out online they give dealers a better multiplier off of list to make it worth your time selling the product.

It would also scare me that you'd consider these guys "still in the dark on a lot of details but looking for dealers". Can't put the cart before the horse, and you better have your act together before you go to market.

Interesting though.
    I tried to get some information out of them on pricing and availability when I was at SHOT but they didn't give me any details on either. I haven't heard from them and I haven't tried real hard to get any more information from them. Maybe they decided to ditch the dealers.

And it's a 8 lug bolt. Ability to change barrels/calibers is nice, but how many people actually do it? As witnessed here with the XCR, people end up with multiple rifles. I was interested for a brief time but I'm going to pass.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

I like Kool-Aid , ordered a combo set

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    I tried to get some information out of them on pricing and availability when I was at SHOT but they didn't give me any details on either. I haven't heard from them and I haven't tried real hard to get any more information from them. Maybe they decided to ditch the dealers.
    Saw a few comments on their facebook page over the last few weeks with dealer questions but cant find them now. The jist was that dealers would get some info before the website went live but not sure if that happened. Guess they lost your info naval! Sound familiar??? Hope they got their stuff together better than RA.

Sig
    I called them and what do you know, someone picked up on the second ring!!!

Looks like they are looking for dealers on their website. Need to fill out their online form. Seems they offer "dealer" pricing.
    Just because you can't change everything doesn't mean that you have to choose to do nothing.

Yes, looks interesting. It appears the system is very similar to the XCR, but for a standard AR lower. Hopefully we'll see a few full reviews sometime soon.
    “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” -- James Madison

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors