New To Me Online Ammo Supplier.....Freedom Munitions.
Like Tree9Likes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New To Me Online Ammo Supplier.....Freedom Munitions.

New To Me Online Ammo Supplier.....Freedom Munitions.

I use SGAmmo.com quite a bit.....but Freedom Munitions seems to have decent prices and free shipping over $199. They do also carry reman ammo, if that's your thing.

Here's a link: https://www.freedommunitions.com/

Free shipping on orders over $199. And, during checkout if you put in coupon code "Sootch00" you get another 5% off. Hat tip to Merlin, whose video on the CZ P-10C v. the PPQ mentioned the discount and site.

For example, with the discount, 1K rounds of new 9mm ammo is $205 shipped to your door and brass cased 5.56 new ammo 55 grain South African manufactured is only $300 shipped (again with the discount).

They also sell remanufactured/reloaded ammo for an even deeper discount, but keep in mind, most manufacturers won't warranty the firearm if it blows up using reman ammo.
    Merlin and TexasChris like this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I've used a lot of their reman 223 and some reman and new 9mm.

The 223 has been pretty good. I've been through a couple thousand Rds of it and it's shot in all my rifles and accuracy has been pretty good as well. I did get a batch that was popping primers. Not sure if it was pressure, oversized pocket or what but they sent me a label to ship the remaining ammo from that lot and I was refunded. It was a fairly easy process.

The reman 9mm I got was weak and accuracy was not great. The new stuff shoots well in all my pistols but it's still underpowered. WWB and UMC seem positively snappy in comparison. I've stopped using either in PCCs due to the lack of "oomph".

The new 9 has been fine for pistol drills 15 and in.

I did get one squib with a reload 9mm. Caught it before I pulled the trigger again thankfully.
    Sean K. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    I've used a lot of their reman 223 and some reman and new 9mm.

The 223 has been pretty good. I've been through a couple thousand Rds of it and it's shot in all my rifles and accuracy has been pretty good as well. I did get a batch that was popping primers. Not sure if it was pressure, oversized pocket or what but they sent me a label to ship the remaining ammo from that lot and I was refunded. It was a fairly easy process.

The reman 9mm I got was weak and accuracy was not great. The new stuff shoots well in all my pistols but it's still underpowered. WWB and UMC seem positively snappy in comparison. I've stopped using either in PCCs due to the lack of "oomph".

The new 9 has been fine for pistol drills 15 and in.

I did get one squib with a reload 9mm. Caught it before I pulled the trigger again thankfully.
    Thanks for the info. I was looking at the Geco 9mm new ammo.....not sure if it's severely underpowered, but ya.....that's a problem if their "new" 9mm stuff is that underpowered.

And the squib is just a really bad omen for their reman stuff.

***EDIT**** What's PPC?
    Last edited by Sean K.; 01-21-2017 at 12:41 PM.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

PCC, pistol caliber carbine.

Lots of short stroking with the weak stuff.
    Sean K. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    PCC, pistol caliber carbine.

Lots of short stroking with the weak stuff.
    Thanks....didn't know the acronym.

I've been using Freedom for the past two years. On occasion I order from Ventura (when Freedom is out of stock). Nearly all remanufactured. Various calibers. No issues with either. Fast shipping also. If you don't reload yourself, Freedom has a brass for credit program.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    I've been using Freedom for the past two years. On occasion I order from Ventura (when Freedom is out of stock). Nearly all remanufactured. Various calibers. No issues with either. Fast shipping also. If you don't reload yourself, Freedom has a brass for credit program.
    Out of the new ammo you've gotten from them, have you also noticed it was underpowered? If so, what calibers?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Out of the new ammo you've gotten from them, have you also noticed it was underpowered? If so, what calibers?

Thanks.
    Have not noticed.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Have not noticed.
    K. Thanks.

My new is 18-36 months old. I bought several thousand at a time when I could. The newer production stuff may be better.

With what I've got, my M&P will eject shells within a couple of feet. The WWB and UMC throw it 3x that distance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors