XCR-L Pistol Questions.... - Page 2
Like Tree9Likes
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XCR-L Pistol Questions....

Quick eye ball.

It appears that if you have a MINI gas system with a Type3 gas block, the dial is going to be just inside a Standard length upper, completely inside but far enough forward that it would be covered by the first rib in front of the first vent. I didn't pull barrels or swap blocks around but I'm guessing it'd be difficult to reach. You could get to the front of the dial through the front of the upper so that may give you enough leverage to move the dial.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    Quick eye ball.

It appears that if you have a MINI gas system with a Type3 gas block, the dial is going to be just inside a Standard length upper, completely inside but far enough forward that it would be covered by the first rib in front of the first vent. I didn't pull barrels or swap blocks around but I'm guessing it'd be difficult to reach. You could get to the front of the dial through the front of the upper so that may give you enough leverage to move the dial.
    Maybe that's why RA is going Micro length gas system with the 9.5" bbl and stnd. upper then.

Thanks for checking.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 02-12-2017 at 08:49 PM.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Rainier Arms just made the decision for me.....

BCM lowers are on sale for $335 with stock....$325 without.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Rainier Arms just made the decision for me.....

BCM lowers are on sale for $335 with stock....$325 without.
    I know I'm jumping in on the tail end here but, palmetto state has fully Assembled lowers for 199.99 pretty regularly. Believe they're Anderson lowers rebadged for PSA. Magpul furniture. Standard AR lpk.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Whoah, 150 shipped right now with Moe stock/grip. V day special.

PSA AR-15 Complete Lower Magpul MOE Edition - Olive Drab Green, No Magazine - 46463
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Can you say "overstock blow out sale"? Looks like lots of retailers and manufacturers ramped up in anticipation of a run on guns that never really happened.
    Merlin likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Can you say "overstock blow out sale"? Looks like lots of retailers and manufacturers ramped up in anticipation of a run on guns that never really happened.
    A smart play here is to pack away 2-300 bucks a month for the next 2.5 years......Because even further correction is coming. 150 was a previous black Friday price. Assembled lowers will hit 129.99 min.

At that time I expect 223/556/x39/9mm all under 200 a case shipped. We could even see 45 ACP get down there too.I think Fmunk called it.... all of the upstarts are starting to feel it.....But just wait till the full desperation hits... it's gonna be a thing of majesty for the prepared.

..And just let me know F, say the word and ill pack ya a SHTF locker full of all the forbidden goodies. Bury it in the desert and send ya the lat and long.
    Last edited by TexasChris; 02-14-2017 at 11:23 PM.
    Bravo, Merlin, Sean K. and 1 others like this.

I would love to have a 9-10 inch barrel in 556 with the new gas black. Currently I only have the 300blk version with the 9.3" barrel. But the can fits perfectly with the standard upper in that length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sean K. likes this.
    Light is fast ... fast is good

Working on that 'Travel Gun' Sean. Just got it from RA. 9 1/2" 300blk, in a Standard (6 slot) upper. Mating her with a SBT side folding brace. (NON)SBR Truck Gun. I'll post pix when I'm done if anyone is interested. Oh, and turnaround, from order to shipping, was a couple of days!

https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sbt/
    TTEngineer, Sean K. and Merlin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Working on that 'Travel Gun' Sean. Just got it from RA. 9 1/2" 300blk, in a Standard (6 slot) upper. Mating her with a SBT side folding brace. (NON)SBR Truck Gun. I'll post pix when I'm done if anyone is interested. Oh, and turnaround, from order to shipping, was a couple of days!

https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sbt/

I'd still really like to have one in 5.56 (.300 holds zero interest for me unless I buy a suppressor, OR, it becomes military issue....otherwise, X39 does exactly the same thing when super sonic for 1/2 or less the price)....but the BCM pistol will have to do for now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsors