Omni Brass Deflector....Anyone Running One?

Thread: Omni Brass Deflector....Anyone Running One?

Omni Brass Deflector....Anyone Running One?

Claim by RA's website:

"In the past there was a separate Brass Deflector for each caliber. In some cases, using the wrong brass deflector caused malfunctions. The “Omni” deflector shown on the bottom not only works well with all calibers but often allows the operator to run the firearm at a much lower gas setting resulting in a lower recoil impulse without sacrificing reliability. This is very important improvement and highly recommended for any serious XCR user."

Anyone running one and actually notice any ability to run a lower gas setting?

I ask b/c as some of you may recall, I swapped uppers to KM a while back. Finally ran them this weekend....mind you, both of these 5.56 uppers (10.5" and 8.3125") had run 1K+ per gun of crap steel cased ammo with no cleaning, no oil and no malfunctions.

With the new uppers, I had oiled them when I first got them, but most of that oil was gone by the time I actually tried them out this past weekend. The 10.5 ran fine....the 8.3" ran for me no problems, but my buddy had 3 failures to eject....where the spent case (mil surp brass 62 gr. FMJ steel core) was hanging out of the ejection port case mouth first. Easy enough to remedy.....but out of character for these uppers with the old quad rail. So, I generously doused the innards with CLP (all I had with me at the time)....and they seemed to run fine, but I'm wondering if the Omni deflector really makes any difference.....not sure which deflector actually came with these uppers now that I think about it.

Only other thing I'll add......if you swap to KM uppers from quad rail, you may have some more break in to do. JFYI.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Hm, when I switched to KM the only issues I encountered were mag related (7.62x39).
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Hm, when I switched to KM the only issues I encountered were mag related (7.62x39).
    To be fair....I think now that they've been run wet, they'll be fine....but I want to be sure (obviously).
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I ran mine fairly dry. Only a few drops of Frog Lube. Curious about this new deflector as well. One less small part to swap seems to fit the K.I.S.S. principle. If it works, and doesn't cost more than what a small piece of plastic should, I'm all over it.

BTW, off-topic and speaking of swapping small parts, I think I may have figured out why my G23 wouldn't run right with G19 Suarez upper and 9mm barrel. In this config, I'd need the 9mm ejector as well. Should have gotten the Suarez G23 slide + 40 to 9 conversion barrel. Expensive mistake!
    Last edited by fmunk; 03-06-2017 at 09:18 PM.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    I ran mine fairly dry. Only a few drops of Frog Lube. Curious about this new deflector as well. One less small part to swap seems to fit the K.I.S.S. principle. If it works, and doesn't cost more than what a small piece of plastic should, I'm all over it.

BTW, off-topic and speaking of swapping small parts, I think I may have figured out why my G23 wouldn't run right with G19 Suarez upper and 9mm barrel. In this config, I'd need the 9mm ejector as well. Should have gotten the Suarez G23 slide + 40 to 9 conversion barrel. Expensive mistake!
    Ya I should have told you that....lots of people get away with it.....but you technically should change the fixed ejector when swapping calibers. However, it shouldn't be an expensive mistake....the fixed ejector and housing are $7.

Gen 1-3: Trigger Mechanism Housing with Ejector for Gen 1,2,3, 9MM Models-glockmeister.com

Gen 4: Trigger Mechanism Housing with Ejector for Gen 4 9MM Models-glockmeister.com

How do you guys find out about all these new parts. I usually hear about them months after when someone post something here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Light is fast ... fast is good

Quote Originally Posted by TTEngineer View Post
    How do you guys find out about all these new parts. I usually hear about them months after when someone post something here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm a "dealer" and that's how I find out about stuff too. When I get updated price sheets, I'll see new stuff listed and then go to Holly and ask questions.

With that said, there have been a few times where I've been and to get Alex on the phone and discuss new parts/options as well as stuff in the pipe. But it's hard to gauge what's real and what kind of time frames things will actually be available in.

The damn short stroke L gas system is a good example. It was real but had been stated they weren't looking to release it to the public fur awhile. But there were YouTube vids of them at trade shows and in the wild in Eastern Europe. This was as all the latest media for the XCR depicted the new gas block. Still not sure how available that system is in the States. I've had the block, rod and tube on order since November for a mini upper. Not sure if it'll actually be delivered.

Sponsors