Belts?
Like Tree6Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belts?

Belts?

So I am need of new belts, Black and Brown, everyday and dress wear in one. Probably 1.25"-1.5". I kinda looked at the Magpul ones but since I have never owned any 'gun' belts wanted feedback from you guys. IWB or OWB carry and something inexpensive that will outlive me. Thanks.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

I'm wearing a 5.11 Trainer's belt. Carry with a Mitch Rosen quick detach leather holster (OWB). The belt is my first foray into nylon belts, and I'm pleased.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"
    -- (reiterated without permission) Rich Hornay

I have their tactical belt.....it's decent.

Tactical Gear, Tactical Equipment, Duty Belts, Slings, USA
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I wear a rigger's belt with a cobra buckle almost every day.

I have this one on right now: ATS Tactical Gear Cobra Buckle Rigger's Belt

I have one I made for myself with a thinner (1") webbing and buckle, that I use for travel, because it's hard to get the wider buckle through the loops on my pants quickly when I'm going through the TSA lines.

I've gone through a lot of these belts for various reasons, and I definitely prefer the cobra buckle to the standard buckles. I also prefer the Cobra (made in Austria) buckle to the Raptor (made in the USA) buckle for reliable solid closing.

Do you need to be able to hang on it? My primary criteria is the ability to use it for a full strength anchor tie in system while hanging over long (several hundred feet) drops at work, so my preferences may not be the same as yours.
    Merlin and Sean K. like this.
    - Tom Aiello
    tbaiello@mac.com

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Nah, Tom just to hold up the pants and a CCW rig when carrying. Name:  smiley-071.gif
Views: 87
Size:  2.3 KB
    Sean K. likes this.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

https://www.slidebelts.com/products/survival-belt

This might lead to, yet another, row between the TSA and poor Homer, but...

G2
    Best damn edc belts available......
    https://www.daltechforce.com
    Great company and the Bull Hide leather is tough as nails!
    Merlin likes this.

I've run the Instructor's belt from The Wilderness for years-and-years-and-years now, as an every day belt. They're up the road a bit from Gunsite, which is where I first saw them.
    So much so that I remember when I could send the belt in and have them rebuild it.......
    I prefer them with the extra stitching. Not the stiffest version with the plastic insert, but not the 'normal' one that will let the pistol sag some after way too long in heat and humidity.
    Typically it's the velcro that gives out, but it takes like 10 years or so of daily wear to do so.
    But I don't use mine as an anchor point - if I had to do that I'd likely go with something sturdier. Or change mine out MUCH more often than I do.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

I've run two or three of the Wilderness Instructors belts into the ground (rusted out the buckles from sweat). They're super solid, and honestly you probably don't have to change them out if you're using them to anchor in.

My experience with them is that the (now available) titanium hardware is worth the upgrade cost, because the buckle rusting is my normal point of failure.

Your mileage may vary (I do have the necessary sewing machines and skills to do repairs and modifications) but if you go with the Ti hardware, I think you can run that belt forever. Personally, I like being able to unbuckle a little easier (which is why I like the Cobra buckle) but I've had very good experience with The Wilderness belts.
    - Tom Aiello
    tbaiello@mac.com

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

G2
    Speaking of belts...Anyone looking for a sweet deal on a NEW HSGI OD Green 2-XL Cobra Riggers Belt? 46 is the max but it goes down pretty small. Remember these are usually worn over your existing pants/belt etc. I paid 82.00+shipping but will sell it for 50 shipped conus

HSGI Web Site:
    Cobra 1.75" Rigger Belt - with interior Velcro - No D-Ring

Designed for HSGI Belt Mount Pouch System

Sewn with strength and attention to detail, this belt is equipped with the proven quick release COBRA buckle. HSGI® Cobra Rigger's Belts are constructed of 2 layers of 1.75" Type 13 webbing sewn together with 5 rows of bonded 138 nylon thread. To add additional rigidity and stiffness, the layers are laminated with an industrial strength adhesive before sewing. Loop velcro is sewn on inside of this version to provide stabilty for belt mounted holsters and pouches. This belt is built to perform.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors