M&P Shield Rebates....$240 - Page 2
Like Tree5Likes
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M&P Shield Rebates....$240

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Now, I can barely get Kimbers fast enough. I finally got my second K6s in stock and don't anticipate it will last long. I also got a Master Carry Pro in 9mm and an Eclipse Pro in .45ACP. Both very hot. Someone was showing me his Wilson 1911 over the weekend; claiming how it was somehow worth twice the price of a Kimber. I didn't shoot it, but I'm pretty skeptical.
    Vast majority of Kimbers I've either run personally or was with the owner running them have choked within 100 rounds. Can't say the same for the (admittedly very few) Wilson Combats.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I've heard a few people say they had some feeding issues with their Kimber. I personally have not, but then again, when I test ones that supposedly have issues, I don't seem to be able to reproduce it. I typically shoot 185s or 230s, and occasionally +Ps. But for now I am hooked on the Inceptors.

Define "choked".
    "Don't Tread On Me!"
    -- (reiterated without permission) Rich Hornay

I have also found Kimbers to be very reliable. I have found their magazines to be less than reliable.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I've heard a few people say they had some feeding issues with their Kimber. I personally have not, but then again, when I test ones that supposedly have issues, I don't seem to be able to reproduce it. I typically shoot 185s or 230s, and occasionally +Ps. But for now I am hooked on the Inceptors.

Define "choked".
    Mostly stovepiped FTEs. Occasionally FTF...but IMO, most FTFs are mag related.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Mostly stovepiped FTEs. Occasionally FTF...but IMO, most FTFs are mag related.
    Customs, Pros, or Ultras? They all three have different spring assemblies and weights. Kimber recommends replacing the recoil spring after 800-1000 rounds, but in my opinion that when they really start to hum. Stovepipes are usually caused by under-powerd ammo, too much spring tension, slide drag, or limp wristing. Kimbers are pretty tight from the factory, so shooting heavier bullets during break-in usually works best.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"
    -- (reiterated without permission) Rich Hornay

Customs, Pros, or Ultras? They all three have different spring assemblies and weights. Kimber recommends replacing the recoil spring after 800-1000 rounds, but in my opinion that when they really start to hum. Stovepipes are usually caused by under-powerd ammo, too much spring tension, slide drag, or limp wristing. Kimbers are pretty tight from the factory, so shooting heavier bullets during break-in usually works best.
    Everything I remember was 230 gr. ball....mostly WWB for the most part. Don't know the Kimber line up well enough to know which ones. I know they were shorter....4.25-4" bbls....and 2 3". All of them have been .45 ACP; no 9mms.

Is Apex the only game in town for trigger kits for the Shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Is Apex the only game in town for trigger kits for the Shield?
    Think so until Mech gets his going.........................

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Think so until Mech gets his going.........................
    The ONLY thing I really like about my M&P Fullsize is the Apex trigger.....allegedly, it drops the travel 50% and gets the trigger weight down to 2-2.5 lbs. IMO, after shooting it next to the Overwatch Precision and Ghost 3.3 connector in my Glocks....the Apex is better. But, the Apex Shield version is only a 20% reduction in travel and 2 lbs. off a 6.5# trigger. Not sure I'm interested in spending $155 or so to get that little difference. Too bad no one else makes a replacement trigger that's more like their FFFSS for the Shield.

Oh, did anyone else know that Apex has a $129 trigger for the Walther PPQ that is supposedly just like the FFFSS for the fullsize shield? Makes me wanna pick up another PPQ M2 in 9mm this time.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 04-04-2017 at 07:25 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsors