M&P Shield Rebates....$240 - Page 3
Like Tree5Likes
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M&P Shield Rebates....$240

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Oh, did anyone else know that Apex has a $129 trigger for the Walther PPQ that is supposedly just like the FFFSS for the fullsize shield? Makes me wanna pick up another PPQ M2 in 9mm this time.
    I saw that recently but still waiting on the CZ. Thinking about getting the APEX for the M&P but the trigger is good for me and hopefully the 2nd born. Plus at $162 I am being kinda cheap in wanting to spend the money when the trigger is good enough, only the take up seems to bother me, wish it was shorter.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

K6s

So I have been keeping an eye on the K6S and this review is pushing my buttons to look into getting one sooner than later.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/sni...g-full-review/

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Good thing he can shoot, definitely isn't going to make it far running away from a shitty situation.
    fmunk and Mechanic like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KiowaDriver85 View Post
    Good thing he can shoot, definitely isn't going to make it far running away from a shitty situation.
    Hm, how fast can those rascal scooters go?
    Sean K. likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

I'm not a revolver fan, but the K6s is pretty slick. Not sure it really has a niche though. It's hefty, so those that like ultra-light revolvers won't dig it. It's small(ish), so it's really for CC. Micro380s and Micro9s are my preferred "backup/ankle" type weapons.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"
    -- (reiterated without permission) Rich Hornay

BTW, got the pistol.

Hate the design of the internals. Shit isn't captured, little springs and parts sliding around and falling out of the major subassemblies....just really dumb engineering IMO.

But, I will say that for the price, it's damn hard to beat the Shield. I ended up with around $470 in the pistol b/c I bought an Apex trigger for it and night sights. For that price, it's still cheaper than most of the other guns in the single stack category would be with the same type of mods.

Initial impressions: Factory trigger is better than the "Performance-Center" trigger in my fullsize M&P, though the PC trigger was definitely smoother (and lighter). The Shield actually has a distinct reset. But, the trigger is notchy on the uptake and overly heavy. Reset is pretty far out there too, but at least you could feel/hear it.

The sights are stupid difficult to work with though. You really need a tool to change them with. Even with a taped brass punch it marred the sights pretty bad on one side.

It feels very comfortable in the hand with the 8 round extended mag and if you're looking for deep concealment, it's fantastic.

The Apex trigger really shines. It takes the gun from feeling pretty cheap and just "meh....the gun's okay".....to, "this thing's actually pretty nice".

Haven't shot it yet. Planning next weekend, time permitting.

Just a quick note about what I've noticed so far.

This may end up being my "loaner gun".

I really want a PPQ with the Apex trigger now though.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsors