NRA Show - Page 2
Like Tree22Likes
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NRA Show

Quote Originally Posted by TTEngineer View Post
    Anything specific anyone would like photos or info of? I'm going to try and spend most of Friday there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure what all will be there....but if you could finger bang an Arsenal Stryk B and a CZ P-10C and give us your overall impressions, I'd appreciate it.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I agree, would love an opinion on Stryke B vs. CZ-P10
    Merlin likes this.

Will do. This weekend I am going to go over the vendor list and make notes on what booths to linger at. I'll add Arsenal and CZ to the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Merlin likes this.
    Light is fast ... fast is good

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Will do. This weekend I am going to go over the vendor list and make notes on what booths to linger at. I'll add Arsenal and CZ to the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you don't mind, also throw in a Beretta APX too, please.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Sure

Light is fast ... fast is good

Sure

Thanks!

No biggie on the APX. Bought one this morning. I'm a sucker for low bore axis and short reset triggers. Thinking this $470 impulse purchase was likely a bad idea now....but oh well. Not a fan of the striker block indicator coming up out of the slide, but otherwise, it seems decent.

It should be here next week. Hopefully I can wring it out next weekend.
    Merlin likes this.

Anything specific anyone would like photos or info of? I'm going to try and spend most of Friday there.

Some carbine called the Skrelli or something? Looks interesting.

Sure

Rumor has it that Apex Tactical may have their new trigger for the Beretta APX pistol at the show. If they do, can you also give that a pull and your impressions?

Thanks!

Just picked up my APX. Gotta say, I'm actually very impressed and I don't like Berettas at all....though I will admit the "M9"s I've shot have been smooth shooters...just overly heavy.

Complaints: 2....***EDIT2*** 3 complaints.

1. Stupid striker pin coming out of the top. WHY in the heck did they design this in? Really limits options for milling the slide for a red dot, at least I'd guess.

2. It's noticeably heavier than my G17....slide *seems* really wide but if you look at the plastic 'bulge' on the 17 or 19 frame, it's about the same overall width. This looks more like a G21 slide with cuts for the cocking serrations. It is the same length as the G17 from back of slide to front of bbl; but the APX has a slimmer and slightly shorter grip...which is impressive since the G17 has always had high capacity with a short overall height (more so, of course with the G19).

I'm just picking nits with the 2nd one above.

***EDIT****
    3. Warranty. 1 year, unless you sign up on their site, in which case you'll get 3 years total.***

Pros:

Trigger is damn good. Like PPQ good, almost better. Reset is a little odd in terms of feel....it doesn't readily "spring" back towards reset....it just smoothy moves forward but you get very little pressure from the trigger to return forward....if that makes sense. Very smooth, not much take up at all (unlike the PPQ and I like that part MUCH better)....wall, then a little bit of grit (only thing that makes it not as nice as the PPQ; hopefully it will smooth out with use), and then a fair amount of pressure (guessing sub 5 lbs) and then a clean break. Only thing I'm not liking on the trigger (easy fix) is that the drop safety lever in the middle of the trigger (the "blade") sticks out past the rest of the trigger on full compression. I plan to file/sand this down to flush for a better feel.

Controls are very good. I don't have to break my grip to drop the mag and the ambi slide release seems like it's not going to need to be cut off like I do on my Glocks b/c of my stupid high grip. Ergos are excellent. Grip is VERY comfortable. I've always liked the Glock thickness and grip (though many people complain about the blocky feel).....well, if I go straight to my Glock from the APX....ya, it feels pretty blocky by comparison. That said, this thing is VERY comfortable. I'd say moreso than the PPQ, that IMO, was the most comfortable pistol I'd ever handled (well, that and the HK P30). With the medium backstrap....it actually feels a little too small. I'll play with the other backstraps later.

Sights are fine, steel and set up to rack the rear one on your shoe, belt, etc. Would have much preferred to get a factory night sight package...but didn't see any for sale.

Mags eject with authority and seem to be good quality.

Break down is stupid simple (field stripping). Internals *look* somewhat similar in design to Glock. I won't know more until I need to get in there to modify something.

Slide serrations are top notch....whether you like the looks of them or not, they work....better than any handgun I've owned.

Planning to shoot it this weekend. Will give a range report when I'm done.

***EDIT*** Beretta USA has sights....spendy at $129...and currently out of stock, but available. http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/apx-...s-apx/eu00069/
    Last edited by Sean K.; 04-27-2017 at 10:21 PM.
    Bravo and Merlin like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsors