XCR-L 6.5 Grendel
Like Tree12Likes
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XCR-L 6.5 Grendel

XCR-L 6.5 Grendel

Now that RA is close to releasing 6.5 Grendel for XCR-L anyone here getting it? I'm waiting on responses from Wolverine Supplies double checking on the release date, sometime soon.
    Travis Kay
    linkedin.com/in/kaytravis
    twitter.com/traviskay
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA member, are you? In the greater Vancouver area? Drop me a PM

I've got a barrel on order. Holly said they were "ready" but it seems like they always need to make barrels when ever I order

I'll be picking one up as soon as they're available up North, or even if i can custom order one, but I'm still waiting to hear back.
    Travis Kay
    linkedin.com/in/kaytravis
    twitter.com/traviskay
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA member, are you? In the greater Vancouver area? Drop me a PM

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I'm actually interested in this.....what with the cost of Wolf 6.5G ammo currently like $230 or so per 1000. Question is: what kind of accuracy can one expect with good quality ammo AND the cheap Wolf variety? If it's decent, this is currently a great time to get into 6.5G in an XCR in terms of ammo cost.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Also, anyone know how 6.5G does out of a short bbl? My understanding is that it's optimized out of 24 or even 26" bbls. I'd think that would mean performance from a 10.5" or shorter bbl would be pretty poor.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I didn't know that RA was working on these again, great news.

12" barrels are big on the 6.5 forum and arfcom. More velocity and power at 400 yds than a 20" 30-30 at 200 yds.

24" barrels aren't needed, just one of those things that gets repeated so much it sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchoutforStobor View Post
    I didn't know that RA was working on these again, great news.

12" barrels are big on the 6.5 forum and arfcom. More velocity and power at 400 yds than a 20" 30-30 at 200 yds.

24" barrels aren't needed, just one of those things that gets repeated so much it sticks.

Any idea on really short ones (9-11")?

Shoot....just realized that this new bbl is probably only going to come with the latest gas system. Don't think it works with the old style bolt/lower set up that has the buffer attached to the lower receiver instead of the carrier....or does it?

6.5G was the original reason I bought an XCR, when it was "coming soon" many years ago.

I'll definitely grab one.
    - Tom Aiello
    tbaiello@mac.com

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Sean, my results with 6.5G ARs has led me to want longer barrels in 6.5G. 18 or 20 seems to be the sweet spot. It's an acceptable round in an SBR, but if I was going to build around the SBR requirement I'd go with something like 6.8SPC or .300BLK. I even fiddled around with trying to convert a bullpup (FS2k) to 6.5 to get a longer barrel into a shorter package.
    - Tom Aiello
    tbaiello@mac.com

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Any idea on really short ones (9-11")?

Shoot....just realized that this new bbl is probably only going to come with the latest gas system. Don't think it works with the old style bolt/lower set up that has the buffer attached to the lower receiver instead of the carrier....or does it?
    The new gas system works fine in older guns. You'll just need to get the appropriate gas tube with it. I've moved a type 3 gas block around to several of my older setups without issue. The piston/op rod are interchangeable between the type 1 and 3 for a given gas length.
    Merlin, Bravo and Sean K. like this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors