What's my XCR worth?
Like Tree11Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: What's my XCR worth?

  1. #1
    Newbie mediapimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6

    What's my XCR worth?

    Hi all,

    I've been considering selling my XCR and am trying to gauge what it's worth.

    It's a 1st gen XCR-L in 5.56 with no upgrades. It's been a safe queen and looks brand new. Only has about 200 rounds through it. Serial number is in the 14XX range.

    Thanks for any advice.

  2. #2
    XCR Guru TexasChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,329
    Quote Originally Posted by mediapimp View Post
    Hi all,

    I've been considering selling my XCR and am trying to gauge what it's worth.

    It's a 1st gen XCR-L in 5.56 with no upgrades. It's been a safe queen and looks brand new. Only has about 200 rounds through it. Serial number is in the 14XX range.

    Thanks for any advice.
    Unfortunately most of your market doesn't place a whole lot of value on aesthetics......most people in the XCR community run the shit out of em....that being said.....



    Instacash @ 800.

    2 weeks @ 1000

    3 - 6 months @ 1150

    Get some upgrades (mainly trigger) and let it go all tarted up with some magpul goodies and you'll get 1250 for eventually.


    *caveat I've never stayed at a holiday inn express.
    Sean K., Bravo, G2 and 1 others like this.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

  3. #3
    Newbie mediapimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    Unfortunately most of your market doesn't place a whole lot of value on aesthetics......most people in the XCR community run the shit out of em....that being said.....

    Instacash @ 800.

    2 weeks @ 1000

    3 - 6 months @ 1150

    Get some upgrades (mainly trigger) and let it go all tarted up with some magpul goodies and you'll get 1250 for eventually.

    *caveat I've never stayed at a holiday inn express.
    Thanks, TexasChris! I appreciate the info.

    BTW, hello from a fellow Texan!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    XCR Guru TexasChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,329
    Quote Originally Posted by mediapimp View Post
    Thanks, TexasChris! I appreciate the info.

    BTW, hello from a fellow Texan!
    For sure man! Just noticed that's only 2 posts, so also, welcome to the best little Forum on the internet!

    Just outta curiosity, barrel length and profile?
    mediapimp likes this.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

  6. #5
    Newbie mediapimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    For sure man! Just noticed that's only 2 posts, so also, welcome to the best little Forum on the internet!

    Just outta curiosity, barrel length and profile?
    Thank you for the welcome!

    It's a 16" barrel. Not really sure of the profile.

  7. #6
    XCR Guru TexasChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,329
    Quote Originally Posted by mediapimp View Post
    Thank you for the welcome!

    It's a 16" barrel. Not really sure of the profile.
    The heavy barrel (HBAR) is about the same diameter as the standard a2 flash hider (assuming that's what's on yours). The light barrel is significantly smaller in diameter.
    Merlin and mediapimp like this.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

  8. #7
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    20,117
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    Unfortunately most of your market doesn't place a whole lot of value on aesthetics......most people in the XCR community run the shit out of em....that being said.....



    Instacash @ 800.

    2 weeks @ 1000

    3 - 6 months @ 1150

    Get some upgrades (mainly trigger) and let it go all tarted up with some magpul goodies and you'll get 1250 for eventually.


    *caveat I've never stayed at a holiday inn express.
    Chris is spot on....those seem to be the going rates.
    mediapimp likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  9. #8
    XCR Guru fmunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kahleefonia
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    The heavy barrel (HBAR) is about the same diameter as the standard a2 flash hider (assuming that's what's on yours). The light barrel is significantly smaller in diameter.
    To add... heavy barrel is roughly government profile in the AR world. Light profile is about the same as a AR pencil barrel.
    Merlin, TexasChris and mediapimp like this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

  10. #9
    Newbie mediapimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    The heavy barrel (HBAR) is about the same diameter as the standard a2 flash hider (assuming that's what's on yours). The light barrel is significantly smaller in diameter.
    Here's a pic of it. Is it the HBAR?

    What's my XCR worth?-xcr.jpg

  11. #10
    XCR Guru TexasChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,329
    Quote Originally Posted by mediapimp View Post
    Here's a pic of it. Is it the HBAR?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XCR.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	12769
    Light profile. Slick setup bro.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Is the cerakote worth it on the XCR-M?
    By BADDFROGG in forum .308 Winchester (7.62×51mm)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 09:57 PM
  2. Fluted and contoured XCR HBAR, what's it worth?
    By fmunk in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 01:07 AM
  3. CLASS 3 XCR WORTH?
    By HK45T in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 07:17 AM
  4. is it worth it?
    By infidel-crusader in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 08:18 AM
  5. What's a used XCR worth?
    By Prizm in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 06:31 PM