Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LWRC M6A2 vs Sig516

LWRC M6A2 vs Sig516

Ok so sig has just entered the pIston AR market and on paper it looks pretty sweet! it is certainly priced right and sig generally makes a great rifle. However of the Piston ARs I hold LWRC to the top. I do like them better then the POF or LMT. The customer service is stellar and the reliability is really awesome. Has anyone had time to play or even shot the new Sig? The Sig is missing a few things, but it can be had for $1300. You would have to add the following that the LWRC already has such as the $200 BUIS, $125 vltor modstock, $25 MagPul MIAD, $15 Magpul Trigger Guard. That would bring the Sig to $1665. The LWRC can be had for $2000. So you could save a few bucks with the Sig not to mention you could do different add-ons entirely. The sig does have a better gas-regulator and a similar coating to all the parts like the NiCorr LWRC uses. So these rifles seem pretty close. Same weight (Although I dont know if LWRC includes the sights in their weight) and the rifling is 1:7. Sig has a lifetime warranty and so does LWRC. I have dealt with Sig on the Sig522 warranty and it was pretty good. Not as good as Smith & Wesson and not as bad as Bushmaster! Let me know this is an interesting rifle. I am looking to off load my SR556C (I cant replace the flash/muzzle on it) as well as my ACR, like it but hate bushmaster, I feel this platform needs some changes and I dont want to get stuck with the 1st gen! I will pick up either an LWRC or the Sig. Then an AK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: LWRC M6A2 vs Sig516

Oh and the bolt on the sig is a combination between the SR556 and the LWRC. So carrier tilt looks as if it should be a problem. Honestly I kinda like the sig.

I'm a huge fan of Sigs. If I hadn't bought the HK(upper) already, I'd definitely go the Sig route.

Especially at the price. You don't happen to be Mil/LE are you? Definite discounts going that route. IOP.

I put a deposit down on a Sig back in 2006 before they came out. When I got my hands on it, I did not like it at all. Lucky for me, my dealer gave me my deposit back as someone else wanted the rifle. It was too front heavy, but besides that, I just did not like the look and feel of it... petty I know, but it's my money and I like my guns to look good.

If you go LWRC, get the M6A3, you will want that adjustable gas system once you go SBR and/or Silencer. I have mentioned more than one time that I like the barrel on the LWRC, nitrided and it cleans up real nice. Also you might want to check SGUSA or CDNN, I have seen LWRC M6A2 as low as $1700 on CDNN.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato (427-347 B.C.)

Oh forgot to mention, instead of the Sig, I picked up an XCR, don't regret it one bit.

As for the LWRC M6A2, only reason I picked it up was because I could not get my mits on an HK416, and I got tired of waiting for the SCAR. Overall, I am happy I got an LWRC instead of a SCAR, and considering the price of a 416, I am also happy I got the LWRC over that.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato (427-347 B.C.)

Eric are you referring to the Sig 556?

LWRCs should be more around $17-1800....FYI. Shop around some more.

As for the two...I am biased, I have two LWRCs. They make a great piston AR, but last I checked the mimic Colt for the warranty....1 year unless that changed again. When I bought both of mine it was lifetime, then they switched to a 1 year warranty. You definitely should clarify before buying.

All that said, I'd probably go Sig 516....due to the price. I do like the LWRC piston system better than the Sig as it's lighter and IMO more refined. I also like the way they are set up from the factory better.....but like you said, it comes at a higher price.

I don't think you'd go wrong with either....though I'm inclined to think you'd be better off buying an XCR than either....though quality control is sometimes lacking with RA products. I think overall, the design is better than either the Sig or the LWRC in terms of easy maintenance and robustness of the parts (as long as you get one that runs). The XCR is noticeably heavier though and in my particular case....each of my 3 XCR uppers has more felt recoil than my LWRC 5.56.

Sean
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by SDDuc996 View Post
    Eric are you referring to the Sig 556?
    Yes, 556.

Gotcha. The mod's referring to the Sig 516 Piston AR.

SIG came out to the range I belong to last summer and showed my buddy's SWAT team the 516. He absolutely loved it. I was initially surprised, because I thought they were talking about the 556. He clarified for me and it made more sense. Anyway he was even talking about getting one himself (I guess they were offering a deal on personal rifles if the department went with a contract). Don't know how it ever panned out though.
    Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors