Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sold my XCR - done with RobArms for good

Sold my XCR - done with RobArms for good

I felt it important to write this post for anyone considering the purchase of an XCR. I bought the gun in late 2007. While I did not use it much, it had run flawless after tuning. I really love it and its great engineering. That said, it became increasingly difficult to support a manufacturer who provides such poor support to customers. I work hard enough for my money that it just hurts to spend it on a company that could care less about the people that make its operations possible. It's also risky, there may be a time when you need a broken part and just cannot get it. Or with all the reports of outright lies from Robarms they could simply take your money for an indefinite time.

I think Alex is likely a brilliant engineer but a heavily flawed human. I am not sure if his people skills are extremely poor if he is just an evil human. I feel bad for the Robarm employees who seem to try their best under difficult circumstances. Either way, I just cannot bring myself to own or feel proud of the gun when I am so troubled by the company and it's owner. Either way, when people treat customers like he does their great engineering usually ends up in the dustbin of history. Clearly he has made no progress towards getting the product to the mass market or military market. It's probably made even more difficult by the fact that I could not imagine any really talented technical staff willing to work for a company with such a sorted reputation.

I am just one customer selling his gun. I'll only cause one less sale of a new XCR. That said, I know I am not alone in feeling this way and voting with my wallet. I respect all the rest of you who choose to stick with the XCR despite the flawed company that makes it. Good luck to you all.

Re: Sold my XCR - done with RobArms for good

Understandable for sure.................

From what I heard it sounds like you were describing FN too.
    "Molon Labe!"

When I bought my XCR, one of the major considerations was customer service. Terra really took care of me and my M-96 issues. So based on that, Terra played huge role in my decision to purchase a rifle from a small company like Robarms. My XCR has been solid from day 1 but God help me if anything major goes wrong in the future.
    Caution! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.

G2

Honestly, I keep teetering on the same idea. I think Alex is a complete idiot. My xcr (have had 4) is simply one of my favorites. But that said, the company sux beyond words. I have defended the xcr numerous times over at arfcom and other forums. But, I am finished defending a company/rifle, that trully could give a rats ass about anyone of us! Screw you Alex!!

I still think Kermit should be given ALL public relations/marketing and Alex can stick to the one thing it seems we all agree he does exceptionally well...design/refine the XCR platform.

I have tried to get through to "robarm sales and tech" for weeks (months actually) and finally got the parts I need to repair one of my three XCR's from the great fellas here on this forum...

I love the platform, but Alex is his own worst enemy.
    ...improvise! ...Adapt!! ...OVERCOME!!!

Forget about Technical Support, if your gun is screwed, up to you to fix it yourself.

As for parts... well all I have to say is glad I never had to deal with RobArms-Post-Tera-Days. I did deal with Rob-Arms about 4 times when Tera was there, she took care of me.

Anything I need from here on out, I am going through Naval or Kermit. Kermit did get me a Micro-Upper in 6 weeks (he quoted me 8 weeks, so he came in 2 weeks ahead of schedule).
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato (427-347 B.C.)

Quote Originally Posted by EricCartmann View Post
    Forget about Technical Support, if your gun is screwed, up to you to fix it yourself.
    This! Why are so many gun guys so incapable of working on the easiest platform out there? It's an allen wrench...and if need be the chamber reamer thingy that SeanK could explain the use of to a kindy gardner.

Anything I need from here on out, I am going through Naval or Kermit.
    and this!

If you're smart, you can save yourself a lot of head ache by picking up spare parts kits (spk's) in advance whenever you see them....which you should be doing anyway. The goal here is not to deal with robarm, so get your stuff from Naval (he's def gtg) and Kermit (he's def gtg) and fix it yourself.

A little preparation can save a bunch of headache down the road.....of course.....I totally agree....Alex is a choof and the xcr will remain greatly under appreciated until someone else (if it ever happens) takes the helm....and no one can blame you for being finished with the whole fiasco.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

G2

Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EricCartmann View Post
    This! Why are so many gun guys so incapable of working on the easiest platform out there? It's an allen wrench...and if need be the chamber reamer thingy that SeanK could explain the use of to a kindy gardner.

Anything I need from here on out, I am going through Naval or Kermit.
    and this!

If you're smart, you can save yourself a lot of head ache by picking up spare parts kits (spk's) in advance whenever you see them....which you should be doing anyway. The goal here is not to deal with robarm, so get your stuff from Naval (he's def gtg) and Kermit (he's def gtg) and fix it yourself.

A little preparation can save a bunch of headache down the road.....of course.....I totally agree....Alex is a choof and the xcr will remain greatly under appreciated until someone else (if it ever happens) takes the helm....and no one can blame you for being finished with the whole fiasco.
    How the hell does this help and new folks who buy an XCR-L or M
    I have my parts, but if you want to sustain new sales of rifles you need to sustain repair/spare parts. Have dealt with both Kemit and Navalbeaver. But they can not get parts either!

Sold my spare parts, next up is my xcr

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post

How the hell does this help and new folks who buy an XCR-L or M
    I have my parts, but if you want to sustain new sales of rifles you need to sustain repair/spare parts. Have dealt with both Kemit and Navalbeaver. But they can not get parts either!

Sold my spare parts, next up is my xcr

Can't really debate anything you said. I guess I like the rifle enough to keep it. However, do not blame anyone if they dump the rifle for something else.

Also, for new rifle purchases. It feels good knowing that your stuff is warrantied. A lot of stuff you can't fix yourself, such as an improper reamed barrel or a broken bolt.

All the rifles I own now are no longer warrantied, and I always have many spare rifles, so I am in no hurry to get spare part kits.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato (427-347 B.C.)

G2

Gotta admit, I feel the same way about my FN SCAR's
    Shit company treat customers same as Alex. And they said POF was bad! Could always get parts and support. As for me..I am going back to LMT
    Good Luck To All...............

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors