ROBINSON ARMS XCR-L 6.8

Thread: ROBINSON ARMS XCR-L 6.8

ROBINSON ARMS XCR-L 6.8

I am just so happy with this rifle and this caliber.I will soon post videos and close up photos of the parts. Unbelieveable power. I sold my Heckler & Koch 91 for this rifle. Both are great rifles. But I love that with Robinson Arms, I can get parts easily. And it is made in the good old USA. God Bless our Great Country.

Re: ROBINSON ARMS XCR-L 6.8

Also, my rifle came with one C-Products magazine. So I bought three other magazines from ASC and they all function flawlessly.

If you haven't found the home of the 6.8 forum yet go to h ttp://68forums.com/forums/forum.php for the most up to date/complete info on the 6.8SPC available on the internet...

My XCR-L in 6.8SPC has a 18.6" barrel my two favorite loads are Barnes 95gr TTSX @ 2825fps for hunting and 110gr Sierra Prohunters @ 2650fps for plinking because they are the cheapest 270 cal bullets I can buy and hunting when shots are within 125 yards.

I also load 110gr TSX @ 2650fps but I don't shoot them as much as the other two loads...

I shot two mule deer last hunting season and just stared packing it for hunting this last week.

My dad is 77 years old he has a 3rd degree shoulder seperation from a skiing accident Nov 2010 he had told me that he will never be going hunting with me again because he can't shoot a hunting rifle anymore the recoil hurts far to much.

I got him up into the mtns yesterday and pulled out the XCR-L in 6.8spc showed him how it works handed him a 10 round mag after a few fliers due to not shooting for a while and being nervous that the recoil was going to hurt when he fired he settled down and peppered the center out of the target @ 150 yards...

He is now excited and looking forward to getting out deer hunting again.

I alked to him today he commented again how he had been totally amazed that he had hardly felt the recoil.

Yep awesome little cartridge/rifle combo...

Oh by the way when I do my part I can put 3 95gr TTSX into 1 1/2" @ 230 yards and 3" - 3.5" @ 350 yards groups start opening up to over 6" for me @ 420 yards but I feel that is more to how the little bullet is effected by wind at the longer distances....

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Unbelievable distance... thanks for posting the detailed information. The range I use is maximum 200 yards. Good news to hear. Thank you for posting valuable information. I am very excited about this caliber and the R/A XCR.

BADDFROGG,

I should have ask you about the ACS mags,if you could tell me what OAL they can handle, would be nice if one reloads,a 2.95 would be great for hunting loads.If so I will buy some ACS mags,also if you reload what have you been using for brass and bullets,Kev

I like my XCR-L, in 6.8, too. I shoot a 115gr load in mine and it has taken deer for the past couple of years.

For the longer shots though, I shoot a 6.5 Grendel with the 120gr bullet. I actually like the 6.5 a bit more than the 6.8. I would still like to see the Grendel round in the XCR-L.
    Fio para bellator - be the Prepared Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by gunner69 View Post
    I like my XCR-L, in 6.8, too. I shoot a 115gr load in mine and it has taken deer for the past couple of years.

For the longer shots though, I shoot a 6.5 Grendel with the 120gr bullet. I actually like the 6.5 a bit more than the 6.8. I would still like to see the Grendel round in the XCR-L.
    The sentiments are that the 6.5mm will never be a conversion for the XCR.

If it can work, I would like it to be a possible conversion. To have a smaller and lighter rifle that can take longer effective shots would be nice to have. I know that the AK will be chambered in 6.5mm soon. If those AKs have good magazines, I will want one.

Popups, Have you EVER heard of an AK magazine F**K UP? I didn't think so....... It most likely will feed reliably out of the standard 7.62x39 magazine. An AK in 6.5x39 would be awsome, however most AKs are not renowned for their extreme accuracy.
    Fio para bellator - be the Prepared Warrior

Sponsors