Thinking about selling my R/A XCR 6.8?
Like Tree9Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about selling my R/A XCR 6.8?

Thinking about selling my R/A XCR 6.8?

I simply love this rifle but the ammo is just so expensive. Thinking about selling it and buying an R/A XCR in 7.62x39. I have a AMD-65 and it is awesome. I even have the forty round mags for it. But I love the design of the XCR. Thinking about two different designs in the same caliber. Inexpensive calibers would be a good idea. Although the mags are different. Still waiting for the XCR in 6.5. One of these days perhaps my dream will come true. I don't reload...so. With the ak ammo I can always just go to walmart. Just thinking aloud with my buds.

Re: Thinking about selling my R/A XCR 6.8?

I'm in the same boat and really don't want to she'll out the cash for a conversion kit but what else is there to do.

I am going to put it up for sale on Armslist for $100.00 more than I paid. I bought extra mags and the transfer fee etc.. If it sells, then I will call navalbeaver and pick up the R/A XCR in the AK round. If doesn't sell I will keep it and buy more ammo.
    Possibly buy a R/A XCR-M in .308. As my buds here recommended. Instead of the .260 cal. soon to be available.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

You could try parting out the barrel and bolt as spare parts and use that towards a 7.62 kit. Problem is though I think all kits are in short supply.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Lately, there are no 7.62 kits to be found anywhere? I thought about that also. I really like the overall design of the Robinson. I had a Colt AR Sporter and it was super accurate. I had a Scar L 5.56 and it was also light/ accurate. I sold that also to buy a Bushmaster ACR. As I think the plastic is better quality and thought that parts could be found easier in the Bushmaster. But their kits are nowhere to be found. The bolt design by Robinson to me is awesome. Still thinking about the XCR-M in .308 or just buy a used XCR in the AK round? Also saving a grand on the used XCR AK? And putting that for magazines and ammunition.

The downside of 6.8 ammo is that it is all premium. But, when you compare it to premium ammo in .308, 7.62x39, 5.45 etc. it is not that bad.
    BADDFROGG likes this.
    When the difference between life and death is a matter of seconds, the police are only minutes away!
    (not knocking police, just gun grabbers)

Quote Originally Posted by Col Maddog View Post
    The downside of 6.8 ammo is that it is all premium. But, when you compare it to premium ammo in .308, 7.62x39, 5.45 etc. it is not that bad.
    Exactly. But, with 6.8, reloading is the way to go.
    BADDFROGG likes this.
    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”
    Samuel Adams

I just purchased 400 more brass to load = my costs for loading are almost the same as loading any of the other rounds I shoot.

What that means is I will not be selling miRA XCR-L in 6.8SPC any time soon actually I like the 6.8 so much that I just last year added a 23" T/C Contender carbine barrel in 6.8spc to my collection.
    TexasChris and BADDFROGG like this.

I had two buyers fall through on payment from armslist. Luckily, as I really like this rifle. Thanks guys for all your input. I have on order a Barrett REC7 in 5.56 from Knesek since early Dec. 2012. My name is on a list from Schryvers Firearms. A Barrett family member told me three months for the REC7 in Dec. for a Rec7 in 6.8SPC. And Schryvers called Barrett in February 2013. They were told that they are revamping the REC7 and it looks like August 2013. Another order I have is a Knight Armament SR 15. To ship in thirty to sixty days Price is $2,000.00 And it has to be paid in full to place an order from Knight.Their store front is in Vero Beach, FL by appointment only. My rep is Scott Johnson and his email is [email protected] . And their products are manufactured in Titusville,FL. In life I have learned you get what you pay for. Knight Armament makes great products. As for the price of ammo,I am over it. Silver State Armory just sent me an email. They have 6.8 ammo in small quantities. Time to get into reloading.

I put her up for sale on gunsamerica. I still have another one unfired and with the AK kit. So I am good there. I will place the video of my ROB XCR 6.8SPC on youtube soon. She runs like a sewing machine. I now always use ballistol which is available on amazon.com for lube and cleaning. HICKOK45 referred me on this one after seeing his awesome videos on youtube.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors