new to me 6.8 xcr
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new to me 6.8 xcr

new to me 6.8 xcr

Just received my xcr 6.8 purchsed from a fellow member it is in oerfect condition serial number 00135 so I know its an early model. So what are the suggested upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by bgreed View Post
    Just received my xcr 6.8 purchsed from a fellow member it is in oerfect condition serial number 00135 so I know its an early model. So what are the suggested upgrades?
    Post some pics of the trigger group, gas block, piston rod assembly, bolt hold open if you can. But it comes down to if the trigger feels 'bad' to you, the rest are mostly personal preference IMHO.
    If you don't mind the cost of ammo just shoot and enjoy but if ammo prices and availability are of concern, look into a conversion kit in one of the other calibers.
    Welcome!

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Will do on the photos. Gas block adjustment is on the front. As to tje trigger trally not bad, kind of like a good stocl AR trigger (way better than the trigger on any SCAR I've handled.

When it comes to ammo cost I'm a reloader so already have solid sources fo components.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Still need pics (Especially the Oprod and gas block front)....and check for trigger "slap" bgreed ! KermitZ

Quote Originally Posted by bgreed View Post
    Will do on the photos. Gas block adjustment is on the front. As to tje trigger trally not bad, kind of like a good stocl AR trigger (way better than the trigger on any SCAR I've handled.

When it comes to ammo cost I'm a reloader so already have solid sources fo components.

Photos

Sorry it took so long to get these up seems there's this thing called work. So anyway as I said earlier this is a low serial number xcr. There is no ambi magazine release, no ambi safety, has the old style gas regulator, I believe old style gas piston and bolt. The factory stock that came with it is fixed the previous owner put a AR collapsible stock adapter and CAR type stock on the rifle. So are there any updates that are necessary?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new to me 6.8 xcr-001.jpg   new to me 6.8 xcr-006.jpg   new to me 6.8 xcr-007.jpg   new to me 6.8 xcr-009.jpg   new to me 6.8 xcr-012.jpg  

Looks like new style gas system, old style op rod, new style bolt and hard to tell but new type trigger group (may need a side view to tell for sure) the hammer spring is the 'lighter' one.
    Is the trigger guard molded into the receiver?

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"

No the trigger guard is like an AR type that swings open to use gloves.

OK, older receiver then but that does not mean it doesn't have the new trigger.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"

Like I said the trigger is pretty good single stage. Not a match trigger but waaaaay better than any on the SCARs I've tried or a lot of stock ARs. My biggest concern was more the gas system as I have read that new gas regulator cannot be used with the old op rod. Still trying to figure out why it was ordered without the folding stock and if the mechanism is available or if it would require a new stock. Maybe just have to save up for the FAST. Probably will look into the ambi mag release as that mod makes sense to me.

Then it sounds like it is the new trigger group. Folding M4 stock adapters come up every so often on here for sale. You can also check with Navalbeaver or Gramps96KZ if they can get one from RA.
    Local laws may have prevented ownership of a rifle with a folding stock or personal preference.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors