"New" 7.62x39 AR15 magazines...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "New" 7.62x39 AR15 magazines...

"New" 7.62x39 AR15 magazines...

No, I have never used them or know anything about them. I just remember several people wanting the magazines but could not find any...

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...ine&groupid=14

Re: "New" 7.62x39 AR15 magazines...

I have 6 that all function flawlessly (so far) with both Wolf steel and AE brass. But that's a better price than I got direct from ASC.
    Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Jack A Sol

I believe that ASC is the guy that put C-products out of business by sueing them then took thier equipment in the sale and is trying to make mags with it.

you can take the equipment but you dont get the institutional knowledge that made it work.

Not saying anything other than that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I've said it before, but I'll say it again.

There are two companies that seem to have emerged since C-Products had difficulties. One is ASC, on is LCJ Wholesale. From what I gathered from the thread I read on arfcom, LCJ had taken over C-Products. When I spoke with ASC, they stated they were in no way affiliated with C-Products. They did not acquire any of C-Products machinery/equipment, but do use some of the same vendors for parts.

I don't know the truth of the situation, but I suspect no one here does either. It seems irresponsible to me to speak poorly of a company unsuppported by actual information. If someone has factual information as opposed to uninformed opinions, I'd love to hear them so that I can make educated purchase decisions.

In lieu of facts about the origins/history of the company, I will rely on my experiences with their product; which as I stated has been flawless (again, so far) for me with 6 mags.

Jack A Sol

This is what we call "supported factual information". the person he is talking about is ASC.

you can view it yourself by going here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_17/536153_.html&page=1

Ok here is what everyone has been wanting to know. C Products doors are closed so I will tell you the whole story. I am not going to answer questions, what you are going to read is what it is.

When C Products started we had a coater and we signed an exclusive contract with him to coat our magazines. Why we did that I am not going to get into but we did it without legal counsel. When Bushmaster asked us [they were our largest customer] to change from moly to teflon we went to our exclusive coater to produce it. If you were involved with the "group buy" for teflon magazines you know how bad they were. He never could get it right. We needed a supplier and found one for teflon coating and the original coater sued us for breach of contract and in a Connecticut court won the case [details I will not discuss]. We tried for almost a year to work out an agreement and never could. [b]In January he executed the judgement and for all intent and purposes put C Products out of business.[b] He has 2 robotic cells he took as part of the judgement and is trying to start a magazine business. You guys can be the judge of how well he is doing. I was offered by him to be a major distributor and that never materialized. Surprise, surprise!
    Also I want to be perfectly clear, C Products was NOT sold. It has closed its doors. Out of business.
    Further for the record, Chad and I have the same last name, he is my son. We never had a business before in this industry etc. etc, so all of the rumors are just that. As far as being thrown out of the company I am 50% owner and always have been no matter what my partner may have told the guys on the 6.8 forum or anyone else. Fact is the information given to individuals on that forum and others was total bullshit. I have NEVER charged a credit card and not shipped product. That you need to take up with my ex-partner. That's his style.
    LCJ Wholesale LLC has product www.lcjwholesalestore.com and will continue to build their product line. The final chapter will be written next month.

Larry

Thanks for the info Jack-O. Personally, having dealt with Larry.....I'd say if he says this is the way it went down, I'm inclined to agree with him. He's a man of his word in all the dealings I've had with him.

So....for me, I won't be sending ASC any money.

Sean
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Crap, I wish I had known about LCJ Wholesale sooner! I had been looking everywhere for mags so I could order a conversion kit and scooped up six ASC mags from AIM as soon as I got the "in stock" email. Looks like I could have not only had the mags quicker, but I could have supported the "good guys" (even if it is at a higher price point). That whole situation is shitty but ASC will not get anymore of my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack A Sol View Post
    This is what we call "supported factual information". the person he is talking about is ASC.

you can view it yourself by going here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_17/536153_.html&page=1

Ok here is what everyone has been wanting to know. C Products doors are closed so I will tell you the whole story. I am not going to answer questions, what you are going to read is what it is.

When C Products started we had a coater and we signed an exclusive contract with him to coat our magazines. Why we did that I am not going to get into but we did it without legal counsel. When Bushmaster asked us [they were our largest customer] to change from moly to teflon we went to our exclusive coater to produce it. If you were involved with the "group buy" for teflon magazines you know how bad they were. He never could get it right. We needed a supplier and found one for teflon coating and the original coater sued us for breach of contract and in a Connecticut court won the case [details I will not discuss]. We tried for almost a year to work out an agreement and never could. [b]In January he executed the judgement and for all intent and purposes put C Products out of business.[b] He has 2 robotic cells he took as part of the judgement and is trying to start a magazine business. You guys can be the judge of how well he is doing. I was offered by him to be a major distributor and that never materialized. Surprise, surprise!
    Also I want to be perfectly clear, C Products was NOT sold. It has closed its doors. Out of business.
    Further for the record, Chad and I have the same last name, he is my son. We never had a business before in this industry etc. etc, so all of the rumors are just that. As far as being thrown out of the company I am 50% owner and always have been no matter what my partner may have told the guys on the 6.8 forum or anyone else. Fact is the information given to individuals on that forum and others was total bullshit. I have NEVER charged a credit card and not shipped product. That you need to take up with my ex-partner. That's his style.
    LCJ Wholesale LLC has product www.lcjwholesalestore.com and will continue to build their product line. The final chapter will be written next month.

Larry
    Well, I'd prefer he'd actually mentioned ASC by name, but the story seems to jive as ASC is based in CT. Thank you for the information Jack.

I emailed ASC to ask what affiliation or history they had with C-Products....we'll see what they say.

I'm not in the manufacturing world, but it surprises me to hear a breach of contract suit with one vendor could put a company out of business. I know a lot of businesses are run on real tight margins, but damn.

If Larry from C-Products is Lawrence Panka from LCJ, maybe I need a couple more 7.62x39 mags for no apparent reason.

When I go to LCJwholesalestore.com the very top of my web browser says C Products LLC. Larry will continue to get all of my business.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

While I have no idea how this 7.62x39mm mag fiasco came about...who bought who...who sued who...who's the good guy or who's the bad guy. We are looking at C-Products, ASC and LCJ; but, there is another player in this 7.62 AR mag. business and that is Yankee Hill and they are "just up the road" in Florence, Mass. Interesting how all these mags are manufactured right along the I-91 corridor...

http://www.yhm.net/store/762_acc.html
    http://reaperfirearms.com/Store/inde...product_id=159

Just thinkin' here...

A.T.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors