XCR Forum banner

ASC 7.62x39 20 round mags!!

14K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  cjt50 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I have a bunch of "problematic" CProducts mags, so I didn't hesitate to cut one up. The cut job worked fine, and the geometry seems right, but it still has its old problem of feeding weird.

#17 ·
Well......I took my 20rd amputee out, AFTER filing the leading edge as suggested by SS.Pic.....and put 100 or so trouble free rounds of goodness through it.
I think that I will eventually cut another. And I will definitely be going through the pile of problem children, and working that edge on them. I believe that made the difference, at least on this one mag that I worked on.
I know that 100 is not enough to have real confidence, but I took it as a good sign.

#18 ·
Awesome news!!! When you cut yours down, did you leave little lips or tabs to fold over for the floor plate, or what? How did you modify the cut bottom to make it work with the floor plate? Did you cut the spring down as well (I'm assuming?) If so....how much?

#19 ·
I mapped out a replication of how the bottom was, with the tabs and angle cut at the heal etc., and used a grinder with a cutting wheel. The metal is kinda brittle so I put a lighter to it before bending the tabs. I actually just left the spring full length.....
In the end it looks just like the original, I should say WORKS like the original, because it LOOKS a little rough close up...hehe

#21 ·
Well, it's the last day of summer.....

Hope ASC is close to being ready to release the 20 rounders....but judging by ARF.com....I have my doubts. ;)

#22 ·
Looks like they missed on that one. Wish they would just post an update.

Owell, lots of folks are missing target release dates these days. :(

#23 ·
I talked to asc today about a problem mag I had. They asked for my mailing address and are sending a replament.

I also asked about the 20 rounders. I was told 1st of the year was what they were looking at for release and they don't have a price yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.