7.62 mini 10" pistol ejection problems - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 7.62 mini 10" pistol ejection problems

Re: 7.62 mini 10" pistol ejection problems

Quote Originally Posted by homicidalgamer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    Any info I would give you would come from what Sean and Aziator put out. I've got no technical info.
    I just ment that if I can't get robarm to reply that if I should just do it myself. I'm sure I can do it just fine. Im just figuring robarm probably isn't doing warranty work and if they are I don't want to wait a year to get it back.
    RA has been good about the warranty work, it is the time to get it done and back that has been a challenge.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

ok so I checked the Gas Block Port and results are that I can't fully get the .136 bit all the way through only about half way, however the .128 bit drops right in
    mike

new drilled specs

gas block:

bbl port spec:

gas dial:
    #4= .128
    #2=.093
    #2=.070
    #1=.063
    mike

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

ok so I checked the Gas Block Port and results are that I can't fully get the .136 bit all the way through only about half way, however the .128 bit drops right in
    Exact same problem I had with one gun. They bored the first hole to .128".....but didn't follow through all the way with the .136". Good catch! The rest of your port sizes look good now.

Take it out for a test fire and let us know how she's running now. I'm betting you may still need to hone the chamber, but it should be markedly better now.....UNLESS the chamber is really out of spec.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Exact same problem I had with one gun. They bored the first hole to .128".....but didn't follow through all the way with the .136". Good catch! The rest of your port sizes look good now.

Take it out for a test fire and let us know how she's running now. I'm betting you may still need to hone the chamber, but it should be markedly better now.....UNLESS the chamber is really out of spec.

I don't understand why or how this happens? why not just one bit size instead of the step smaller half way in?

anyway I'm taking it out Monday for some testing so I'll post up the outcome after I get back.

ordered the chamber hone but haven't ordered the brake yet due to funds for this month
    but shouldn't be much longer.
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post

I don't understand why or how this happens? why not just one bit size instead of the step smaller half way in?

anyway I'm taking it out Monday for some testing so I'll post up the outcome after I get back.

ordered the chamber hone but haven't ordered the brake yet due to funds for this month
    but shouldn't be much longer.
    It's a pilot hole....very common in mfg.

Let us know how Monday goes.

Good luck!
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Be careful with continuously drilling the gas dial, let alone anything on the gun at anytime. I never touched the gas dial holes once I had them drilled correctly to size, especially 4, it stayed at .125 ( I'm pretty sure that's the size, sorry if I'm wrong ), but the other 3 were definitely too small on yours. I'm guessing the port size is a little bit small. Do a slide test. Put the gun upside down on a stable surface ( make sure it's unloaded ), open it up ( the stock should be almost pointed at the ceiling) and hold the lower open with your left hand and pull only the recoil spring button outward. It should easily slide the bolt, carrier and oprod in and out of the chamber as well as the entire length of inner rails. You need to check all the small, "easy/quick" things before drilling anything. Take the barrel off and drop a round ( empty casing works too as long as it's not damaged) into the chamber and check how far it drops in and then how easily it falls back out by tipping the barrel allowing it to slide out. A clean chamber is ESSENTIAL. Most of the time when people would send their rifles in because of the same situation, all it needed was a 5 second clean in the chamber.

Sorry if I repeated anyone, I'm sure I did. I didn't read through all the comments.

Just my .02

sorry for the long wait on replying but i have been extremely busy at work. haven't shot it since i drilled the ports to factory spec. and honed the barrel.
    as soon as work slows and i do ill post it up.
    mike

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsors