Stay away from C Products Defense , LLC - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stay away from C Products Defense , LLC

Yeah that was my thought exactly with 7.62x39, cost vs power is a great selling point.
    I should hopefully have all these mags dremeled out by week end and be in action.

On a side note, I came across a LULA speed loader, now the 223 version fits the ASC mags perfectly but the lobes that feed the ammo in and out are not large enough to do the job.
    The AK version (308) though is, the problem is the body of the AK version does not fit the ASC mags, I took the handle/lobes out of the AK version I had and put it in the body of the 223 version, works like a charm!

It is twice he cost to get this done, but it really saves the thumbs.

And here are the kids:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stay away from C Products Defense , LLC-image.jpg   Stay away from C Products Defense , LLC-image.jpg  
    Last edited by sheldonbotha; 04-18-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Sheldonbotha, have you had a chance to shoot your modded x39 mags yet? I've been too busy with school to make any headway at my end, but I did manage to get ASC to email me and send me postage so that they could look at their failed mag. I have not received a response from ASC yet (it's probably been a month).
    Also, C-Products Defense has still not replied to any emails or phone calls.

Quote Originally Posted by devon.mickle View Post
    Sheldonbotha, have you had a chance to shoot your modded x39 mags yet? I've been too busy with school to make any headway at my end, but I did manage to get ASC to email me and send me postage so that they could look at their failed mag. I have not received a response from ASC yet (it's probably been a month).
    Also, C-Products Defense has still not replied to any emails or phone calls.
    Hi

I took it out a few times with the mods, over all its made a big difference (not so many FTF but there is a few now n then) but there are a few mags that are far worse than others.
    I cant say that out of the 10 I have that I would rely on this rifle to save my life other than trying to beat someone over the head with it.

I've been waiting to see if there may be any magazines that are not curved in the default AK shape, I know ASC has 5 and 10 rounders that are a straight mag that I have read good things about, there was rumor that they where going to produce a 20 rounder like this, all my questions to them though never get answered. (seems they cant reply to emails for some reason)

For now the XCR-L is a pretty paper weight which is a dang shame, in the end I may just dump a bunch into it and make it a 5.56 instead. (if only Gallensons had this in 5.56 when I went looking for XCR-L)
    Not sure if I want to go through buying another bunch of these mags to find out they are duds and spending a ton on ammo to do so, real shame that the Achilles heel of my rifle is the one part that Robinson cant make themselves realistically and no1 in the industry has perfected (AR AK mags that is)

Let me know how yours turns out, if all goes well with your new batch I may be a little braver to spend on replacements from ASC.

Cheers

Sheldon

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by davek View Post
    I don't understand why the stiffer spring works either. The ones that came with the mags seemed fine. But, I put the Wolff springs in and all problems went away. I quit trying to understand and just enjoyed it.
    This issue (weak spring) is similar to what can happen with 1911's, full size vs. the compacts. Old surplus mags will feed my 5" barrel Government Model all day long but will not function in my 4 1/4" Commander. The Commander slide, shorter and weighs less, moves faster. The weaker spring does not have time to push the next round into position when forward movement of the slide starts. So a stiffer (stronger, thus faster) spring will position the next round in time to be stripped from the mag and fed into the chamber.
    When the difference between life and death is a matter of seconds, the police are only minutes away!
    (not knocking police, just gun grabbers)

I now have 3 of the "new" C-Products magazines, all ordered from MidwayUSA within the last 3 weeks. They are far superior than any other mags I have used and currently have not had one FTF while live firing (because I haven't had them long, I haven't thoroughly tested them). They also feed like a dream when I manual feed them... The bolt isn't slowed down as much with the few other 'working' mags I have.

There are quite a few design improvements, the best being the welding process. Apparently they clip the mag bodies together (I can see where this is done visibly) and then weld them together, ensuring that the specs are correct. The issue with previous editions is that they were too narrow or too wide. These mags load easy, don't bind, and don't make the rounds nose-dive. The follower is new, and is powered with the Wolff extra power AK mag spring. I highly recommend these magazines as they have alleviated a lot of anxiety for me about this platform....

Make sure you order them from MidwayUSA. They are reasonably priced too :P

What kind of ammo were you shooting with these new mags?

Quote Originally Posted by devon.mickle View Post
    What kind of ammo were you shooting with these new mags?
    wolf steel case (non HP) and Tula steel case (HP), with this batch the HP ammo actually had less issues than the non HP which was interesting.
    Robinsons has the rifle at the moment to see if they can figure out if it is the mags or if the feedramps may need some work, either way I have pmags in 5.56 if a conversion is needed to 5.56

Enzlow - Were you shooting 7.62x39 out of these mags and if so what kind of ammo was it?

oops, just saw your post

Sheldonbotha - has Robinson's specified that they would convert your rifle to 5.56 if they couldn't get it to work, or any other sort of accommodation?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsors