Stay away from C Products Defense , LLC - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stay away from C Products Defense , LLC

Quote Originally Posted by devon.mickle View Post
    Sheldonbotha - has Robinson's specified that they would convert your rifle to 5.56 if they couldn't get it to work, or any other sort of accommodation?
    No they didnt, I just got pricing for it

But here is the latest news boys and girls.
    My wife literally just picked up the rifle from Robinson's, they replaced the entire lower of the XCR-L with a new one.
    So while she was there, it looks like they gave the rifle one last run through to make sure all is in order, she says she could hear someone in the back shouting "fire in the hole" and some loud shots going off before they brought the rifle out all oiled up.

The conversation she had with the gentleman there (not sure of the names, I know she described one of them as Alex) was that they knew of a few of these rifles with this problem that were produced (she said around 100) but they thought they had got to them all.
    Now when she says this, I'm guessing they are talking about the tip of the round missing the feed lips and getting stuck at the rear of the chamber before entering the barrel (don't think they mean the AMMOSC vs CPRODUCTS magazine thing)

Either way I have 2 CPRODUCTS mags and a ton of AMMOSC mags now that I can try this out on (both HP and NON HP just to see)

I'll report back how everything runs now, here is praying!, if not I'll be ordering a 5.56 kit from them (there is a 4 week wait time on these at present I believe)

The support on RMA here went very smoothly over all and they operated very professionally, so I'm very happy with the way I was treated with all of this, just hoping all goes well with the mags now

Cheers

Sheldon

I picked up 6 of those new gen c-prod's mags, I paid $48 each. and in three of the mags, I cant even load ammo in them because the top of the mag is so f$ckin tight, I had to take a file and modify yet again all my new mags, I have another 10 ASC mags that work occasionally, Had to modify them too, always had FTF with my ASC's and C-prod's, In the end I just got fed up and ordered a 5.56 kit, which actually just arrived in the mail today! going to put that x39 to rest, might keep it under the stairs and tinker with the mags at some point, hope this new 5.56 kit solves everything, cross my fingers! I have more choices in mags now, I will try those pmags and see what happens
    Quote Originally Posted by sheldonbotha View Post
    No they didnt, I just got pricing for it

But here is the latest news boys and girls.
    My wife literally just picked up the rifle from Robinson's, they replaced the entire lower of the XCR-L with a new one.
    So while she was there, it looks like they gave the rifle one last run through to make sure all is in order, she says she could hear someone in the back shouting "fire in the hole" and some loud shots going off before they brought the rifle out all oiled up.

The conversation she had with the gentleman there (not sure of the names, I know she described one of them as Alex) was that they knew of a few of these rifles with this problem that were produced (she said around 100) but they thought they had got to them all.
    Now when she says this, I'm guessing they are talking about the tip of the round missing the feed lips and getting stuck at the rear of the chamber before entering the barrel (don't think they mean the AMMOSC vs CPRODUCTS magazine thing)

Either way I have 2 CPRODUCTS mags and a ton of AMMOSC mags now that I can try this out on (both HP and NON HP just to see)

I'll report back how everything runs now, here is praying!, if not I'll be ordering a 5.56 kit from them (there is a 4 week wait time on these at present I believe)

The support on RMA here went very smoothly over all and they operated very professionally, so I'm very happy with the way I was treated with all of this, just hoping all goes well with the mags now

Cheers

Sheldon
    "A man can fall many times, but he is never a failure until he refuses to get back up again"

"If it's registered, they will come!"

"A man only needs to know one thing in life, and that is to know the rite people!"

So I took my x39 pistol out to the range a couple days ago. First outing. I have 3 different runs of ASC mags. I assume this b/c I acquired them all at different times and they have 3 different logos on the floor plates. I did get about 9 as recently as in the last month. 3 are several months old, and 1 came with the gun, could be any age. I loaded up all 3 of the several monthers and 1 of the newest ones with 20 rounds of Tula each. First shot goes off and this little beast sounds like an 18 pounder giving a broadside. It was very satisfying. Recoil was pleasantly modest, considering no stock and the length. I'm running a Truglo red/green dot for a simple sight to use during initial break in and mag test. So, first shot goes bang and I get a stuck case. I proceed to use the rod and it drops out, great. Checking the gas setting dawned on me at this point and it was still on 2. I pump it up to 4 and get back to it, running the boresnake every few rounds until the first mag is done. The next 3 magazines fed every round on setting 4 with zero further malfunctions. I even added 4 rounds cycled out to one of the other mags taking it up to 24 and no probs. CLP was liberally applied to moving parts beforehand. I did attract several visitors with the beast drowning out pretty much everything else on the line. It was amusing. I was extremely apprehensive before going out with this, given all the horror stories with these mags. Plus, when loading them at home and playing the follower up and down they did seem really rough. My outlook was grim. I hope and pray that this wasn't a fluke and that after I break it in completely I can load them up to 28 or so and turn the gas down a notch and still get reliable performance. I am very pleased with the results so far, as some have mentioned problems getting them to go with more than 10 loaded in the mag. I will update and report when I take it back out. Btw, this thing is a hoot to shoot. As long as the mags hold up, it could quickly rise to the top of my blaster collection.
    Last edited by bigern; 01-28-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsors