Ammo Storage Components (Ammosc.com) - Junk - Page 3
Like Tree11Likes
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ammo Storage Components (Ammosc.com) - Junk

Quote Originally Posted by Difranco View Post
    Return Shipping label not received yet.
    Decided to get after this again, and received an RMA# and Prepaid UPS Ground Shipping label via email this morning from AMMOSC. I will keep you posted of the progress, but it seems they have hired staff and customer service appears to have improved.
    Merlin, mjorin and cjt50 like this.
    Visit Minute of Angle Forums
    A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.

I received a Fedex email notice that a package is on it's way to me. We'll shall see what I get in the box.

-D
    Merlin and Sean K. like this.
    A truth’s initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed. When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.

I received 6 replacement mags from AmmoSC.

2 mags tested to be reliable / useable

4 mags failed to feed properly within the first 10 rounds.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I received 6 replacement mags from AmmoSC.

2 mags tested to be reliable / useable

4 mags failed to feed properly within the first 10 rounds.
    Any clue why the failures to feed?

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

The followers would tilt forward as the bolt came forward. Sometimes the bullet would nose dive into the mag or the case bottom would push into the mag with the bullet pointing up at high noon.

The followers would tilt forward as the bolt came forward. Sometimes the bullet would nose dive into the mag or the case bottom would push into the mag with the bullet pointing up at high noon.
    Ok, thanks.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Sounds like they still haven't "fixed" anything.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I have 20 each of their 25 rounds and one each of their 15 and 5 round. Some are ASC and some C Products. All have been flawless. These are 6.8 mags. I have stayed away from any AR type feed rifle in 7.62 x 39 due to issues in feeding due to what I have read. I do own 3 AK's in 7.62 without feeding isssues (naturally). The geometry appears to be an issue for any mag manufacturer in this caliber.
    When the difference between life and death is a matter of seconds, the police are only minutes away!
    (not knocking police, just gun grabbers)

Quote Originally Posted by Col Maddog View Post
    I have 20 each of their 25 rounds and one each of their 15 and 5 round. Some are ASC and some C Products. All have been flawless. These are 6.8 mags. I have stayed away from any AR type feed rifle in 7.62 x 39 due to issues in feeding due to what I have read. I do own 3 AK's in 7.62 without feeding isssues (naturally). The geometry appears to be an issue for any mag manufacturer in this caliber.

Agreed. I've been extremely lucky with the ASCs I bought before the big panic after Sandy Hook. They all seem to function 100% in my XCR, but it seems that's NOT the norm. I think the problem is the geometry of the round trying to go into a STANAG magwell. Sucks.....b/c X39 is a great economical round in supersonic that's comparable to .300 BLK ballistically....but if you want it reliable, probably ought to get an AK, SIG556R or VZ (or similar) to feed it from reliable mags.
    wombat338 likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Agreed. I've been extremely lucky with the ASCs I bought before the big panic after Sandy Hook. They all seem to function 100% in my XCR, but it seems that's NOT the norm. I think the problem is the geometry of the round trying to go into a STANAG magwell. Sucks.....b/c X39 is a great economical round in supersonic that's comparable to .300 BLK ballistically....but if you want it reliable, probably ought to get an AK, SIG556R or VZ (or similar) to feed it from reliable mags.
    Agree with all of your points above. I keep meaning to get a .300 BLK conversion so I can just use 5.56 mags, but I'm in no rush b/c I also got a good batch of 7.62x39 ASCs, pre-panic. No issues with any of the 8 I've opened, and my XCR with x39 is the rifle I keep loaded and accessible.

Say, whatever happened to that mag design that came out at SHOT a year or two ago, with little rollers to keep the follower from getting stuck?
    mjorin likes this.
    “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” -- James Madison

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsors