what comes with conversion

Thread: what comes with conversion

what comes with conversion

My first post here- I'm looking at purchasing a used XCR in 5.56 with old style gas block.
    My question is does the conversion kit for 7.62 come with the new stylegas block and is this compatible with the older xcr. Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question .
    Thanks in advance,
    Todd

Re: what comes with conversion

I have not bought a caliber kit yet, but I believe they will come with a gas block on the barrel. I would presume at this point all the barrels are shipping with the new gas block. If you have a first gen rifle, you will need to change the piston head to work with the new gas block. Rather than swap the piston head each time you change calibers (and thus gas blocks), I would order an extra new gas block to change out the one on your older barrel.

So, I believe what you want is:

-caliber conversion kit (barrel w/new style gas block, bolt, ejection port buffer, hammer spring if applicable)
    -new style piston head
    -a second new style gas block for your old barrel.

That is my understanding... hopefully someone will be along shortly to confirm.

You get a fully assembled barrel with the new gas system, a bolt, a brass deflector, and a magazine. The 7.62 kits also come with the heavier hammer spring.
    Resident Forum Slut

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I think I understand your question.

If you want to use a conversion kit (that comes with the new style gas block), you would need to buy a new style gas block/piston for your 5.56. You need to use the new style piston for your conversion kit and a new piston is not part of the conversion kit. You'd also be better off with a new style gas block for each caliber rather than trying to switch the gas block everytime you switch calibers even if you could just change the piston on your op rod.

I converted to the new style gas block and piston. It's easy (with a good vise) and there is a video of the process on this site or on YouTube if you search

Terra - Correct me if I'm wrong on this one

Quote Originally Posted by TerraShrewsbury View Post
    You get a fully assembled barrel with the new gas system, a bolt, a brass deflector, and a magazine. The 7.62 kits also come with the heavier hammer spring.
    Ok so I got the gun together and it seems I don't have a vice for the piston. Is this something thats going to affect me if i don't? The piston I have is a stainless looking deal. The one that came with the kit seems like its much heavier so probably easier to deal with and clean as well, just curious.

6.8 mags are 25 rd, 5.56 are 30 rd, 7.62x39 are 30 rd, 6.5 mags are going to be 25 rd. Those living in CA and other more restricted states get 10 rd magazines for all the calibers.

I have no control over updating the website. That is entirely up to Alex, and he has been so busy keeping track of parts orders and the engineering products he hasn't been updating it as often.
    Resident Forum Slut

Quote Originally Posted by thadbme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraShrewsbury View Post
    Ok so I got the gun together and it seems I don't have a vice for the piston. Is this something thats going to affect me if i don't? The piston I have is a stainless looking deal. The one that came with the kit seems like its much heavier so probably easier to deal with and clean as well, just curious.
    You have to use the new piston with the new style gas blocks. If you already have the new style block on your 5.56 barrel, you don't need to worry about it.
    Resident Forum Slut

ALL OF THOSE PARTS ARE NEW AND SPECIFICALLY ENGINEERED FOR THE 7.62x39, from gas block to where ever. When you get it together, you WILL have a Weapons Grade, AMERICAN MADE, state of the art, 7.62X39 Carbine! There are no "sucker" parts like so many other weapons companies do business, the 7.62X39 and EVERY THING ELSE that Robinson Arms makes is straight up, in you face, READY!
    (well, on conversion kits, we have to allow for amature mistakes!....llol!"

Quote Originally Posted by WRECKEDCARS View Post
    My first post here- I'm looking at purchasing a used XCR in 5.56 with old style gas block.
    My question is does the conversion kit for 7.62 come with the new stylegas block and is this compatible with the older xcr. Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question .
    Thanks in advance,
    Todd

Sponsors