First Post in 4+ years, where is everyone?
Like Tree3Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Post in 4+ years, where is everyone?

First Post in 4+ years, where is everyone?

From being out of the country, to doing protection work with dogs and sick parents I literally haven't fired my XCR or a weapon in the last 2 years. Plan on getting back into the swing of things and I come back here and it's a dead forum. WTF happened? Still looks like there are mag issues, mine are pretty much brand new, I'm kinda blown away by everything.

Someone fill me in.

Welcome back!!

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Welcome back!!
    Thanks man. Can ya fill me in on what's going on these days? Or would it be better I just keep reading?

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Not sure what you're trying to determine. Lex sold the forum; it's now owned by a group that owns other firearm forums. Participation here has dwindled greatly....mostly b/c the product has stagnated in terms of service and availability. It's still a boutique gun...not a lot of production or adoption. QC is still a problem as is CS, but things do seem to be improving. Kermit and Nate are still doing everything they can to get parts/guns and do an outstanding job. The XCR-L has had some upgrades....from triggers, to one piece op rods, to full picatinny rails, to 2 designs of the BHO, to hinging open 90º, ambi mag release/safety....new stock, etc. There's now the micro and mini configuration, 5.45x39 conversions, XCR pistols, the XCR-M in .308 with several different variants from a mini upper to different bbl lengths to talk of a pistol and other calibers (like .260 Rem next). I'm sure there are other things....I'll let others chime in.
    Merlin and arcwolf6 like this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Not sure what you're trying to determine. Lex sold the forum; it's now owned by a group that owns other firearm forums. Participation here has dwindled greatly....mostly b/c the product has stagnated in terms of service and availability. It's still a boutique gun...not a lot of production or adoption. QC is still a problem as is CS, but things do seem to be improving. Kermit and Nate are still doing everything they can to get parts/guns and do an outstanding job. The XCR-L has had some upgrades....from triggers, to one piece op rods, to full picatinny rails, to 2 designs of the BHO, to hinging open 90º, ambi mag release/safety....new stock, etc. There's now the micro and mini configuration, 5.45x39 conversions, XCR pistols, the XCR-M in .308 with several different variants from a mini upper to different bbl lengths to talk of a pistol and other calibers (like .260 Rem next). I'm sure there are other things....I'll let others chime in.
    Thanks Sean, after doing a lot of reading prior to my initial post it's kind of what I thought was going on. The entire premise of the XCR is brilliant, but my gut tells me that instead of tackling every variant in caliber they should have done one extremely well. I purchased the .39 heavy barrel version and love it. I pulled it apart tonight and it's still like new. I'm going to see if I can get to the range on Friday and put about 500 rounds through it and then take it to a gunsmith and see what we can do about lightening it up.

Have to agree with Sean. There hasn't been much new stuff going on with the platform. It feels like there's a lot more politics discussion on the forum than XCR talk.

Have been able to get some parts but it's still less than perfect. Lots of follow up required to get anything moving from sales. I'm still waiting on some barrels that I requested a LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNGG time ago.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Terra left Robarm. Alex is an ass...(reference prev posts by kolob). Just had to add a few Sean missed.
    Riding, Shooting, or Golfing...you pick and I will be there.

Obama is still President. I wish that had changed!
    Bravo likes this.

There was a pretty good steak process posted by EC. I need a good steak...

Jesus Christ I was looking at the parts because I've got the XCR-L Standard and wanted to get a 12 inch light barrel to exchange with my 18 inch heavy barrel, and it's $400 bucks? Wouldn't it be cheaper to just shorten and turn down the existing barrel?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors