Sick of mag issues!! ASC blowes!!!!! - Page 3
Like Tree1Likes
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sick of mag issues!! ASC blowes!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Judging by Sig's track record with rifles, I wouldn't rush out to get one until Gen 2 or a couple years have passed (after the hype settles). And I'm saying this as a repeat Sig customer; not a slam, it's the truth.
    I thought Sig already released the SIG 7.62x39 2nd version and it solved all the problems with the 1st gen?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Man View Post
    I have also noticed that he has worked on his prickly personality, and seems more customer friendly.
    I really hope so....he and I have butted heads and I still think he's probably a really nice guy that just doesn't handle constructive criticism all that well (who does?).
    Bravo likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    I thought Sig already released the SIG 7.62x39 2nd version and it solved all the problems with the 1st gen?

Specific to the Sig556R which is a dedicated rifle... yes, they do finally have a working x39 rifle with the Gen2. Without having the new Xi in hand to compare side by side, who knows what new variable they've added into the equation.
    Last edited by fmunk; 05-05-2014 at 07:37 PM.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

The Gen 1 556R was a dog. The Gen 2 version runs pretty well. They need to redesign their safety (extend it) to make it easier to actuate. Mark Krebs came up with the perfect fix for the problem.

I have a Gen2 556R. It's great, except for the following:
    1. Front take down pin detent is sticky and may not always engage the pin upon reassembly. This causes the pint to walk out during shooting.
    2. The classic swiss style front handguard is sized a little small in relation to the gas block and rattles. This is a long standing issue with the 556 classic. Being a long standing issue, a sig and a rifle costing more than $1000, there's really no excuse that it's still an issue. I am thinking of using some JB Weld or some other epoxy to add a little bit more material to the front end of the handguard to take up the slack.

As for the selector, I have the Krebs and it works great. Manticore Arms has a nice one too.
    Last edited by fmunk; 05-05-2014 at 07:35 PM.

Troy makes a rail system that will work on the 556R, with the exception that there is no place to lock the stock to when folded. A few minutes at a quality hardware store, and you could probably come up with a solution. The two stage trigger is another variable. Sig needs to offer a single stage trigger as an option.

Specific to the Sig556R which is a dedicated rifle... yes, they do finally have a working x39 rifle with the Gen2. Without having the new Xi in hand to compare side by side, who knows what new variable they've added into the equation.
    Thanks...I was just curious since at one time, I was considering the 556R (still not used to the name).

Troy makes a rail system that will work on the 556R, with the exception that there is no place to lock the stock to when folded. A few minutes at a quality hardware store, and you could probably come up with a solution. The two stage trigger is another variable. Sig needs to offer a single stage trigger as an option.

Yah, the trigger is not great and sub-par for a gun at this price point. I do have a "match" trigger made by a guy on the Sig556 forum, but have yet to install it.

Yah, the trigger is not great and sub-par for a gun at this price point. I do have a "match" trigger made by a guy on the Sig556 forum, but have yet to install it.
    I am familiar with that trigger. There are some custom springs that you can also acquire to make it even better. The difference between that and the stock trigger is night and day. It has improved geometry which reduces drag/resistance so your BCG moves freely with no hang up.

I blame the manufacturers of the mags more the Alex. He can't control what gets shipped out by them. And he is to small to put pressure on them to tighten up.

I blame the manufacturers of the mags more then Alex. He can't control what gets shipped out by them. And he is to small to put pressure on them to tighten up. Other platforms have the same issues from what I've read. Am I misinformed?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsors