Sick of mag issues!! ASC blowes!!!!!
Like Tree1Likes
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sick of mag issues!! ASC blowes!!!!!

Sick of mag issues!! ASC blowes!!!!!

So had anybody gotten ANY mags to run with bet your life reliability??? I've done all the mods on the ASCs and am giving up, plus no customer support. Only mags I can get to run are 2 c products I got from Kermit in dec. everything else just dosent work!
    So freakin pissed!!!! Rifle runs perfect other then shit mag issues!

Surprisingly, I have never had any problems with ASC mags. I do file down the lower edge of the front face where the round exits the mag so that the cartridge edge doesn't hit it when stripping the round from the mag.

Have you tried Magpul ???
    Last edited by tower; 05-03-2014 at 12:35 PM. Reason: mistake

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Horse View Post
    So had anybody gotten ANY mags to run with bet your life reliability??? I've done all the mods on the ASCs and am giving up, plus no customer support. Only mags I can get to run are 2 c products I got from Kermit in dec. everything else just dosent work!
    So freakin pissed!!!! Rifle runs perfect other then shit mag issues!

Mine do...but I got 20 or so of one of the "good batches".....Pure luck of the draw. This issue is the single biggest one why the 7.62x39 AR or XCR is screwed. Someone needs to make an XCR lower that takes AK mags.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by tower View Post
    Have you tried Magpul ???
    Magpul doesn't make a stanag x39 mag.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Mine do...but I got 20 or so of one of the "good batches".....Pure luck of the draw. This issue is the single biggest one why the 7.62x39 AR or XCR is screwed. Someone needs to make an XCR lower that takes AK mags.
    I dialogued via e-mail with Alex about that a while back. His issue was that the bolt wouldn't lock back with an AK mag. If you designed a lower that would run AK mags, you would have to redesign the BCG, because of different height and width tolerances between the feed lips on the two mags. There are a few AR style weapons that utilize an AK magazine. They are the Rock River LAR-47 and the MGI Hydra.

The new SIG 556XI can convert to 7.62X39, and use either STANAG or AK mags depending on which lower you install.

Well I tore the acs and the c product mags apart to see why the ACSs stopped working.

C products spring is about 4-5" longer and just slightly thicker.

The ACS follower is a little bit thicker around the walls to accept a smaller spring. The Cprods spring will work with the acs follower but it dosent seat as well.

So other then that they are identical. I have dremeled out the acs mags and polished up the insides, as well as tried to add material to the front of the follower to try and lesson the nose diving. But all for not. Bottom line is I gotta get stiffer springs from wolf.

Strange thing is I had the ACS mags working fine but all the sudden they crapped out. Guess the springs just got to weak.

I have heard of people using AK springs in ASC mags because they are longer which gives more tension. Never tried it myself.

I think sombody tried that here and it dident work. Could be wrong though.

There might be an alternative coming on the market very soon (next couple weeks) that might work for .223, 6.8 SPC and 7.62x39 to fit in an AR magwell. They will not be large capacity, but from what I have heard, they are expected to be VERY reliable.
    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." ~ Sir Winston Churchill after the Battle of Britain.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors