First time out with Keymod, I'm impressed!!!! - Page 2
Like Tree2Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time out with Keymod, I'm impressed!!!!

Congratulations on your new XCR. Awesome photos and video. I love this caliber. Ordering this exact rifle this week.

Quote Originally Posted by BADDFROGG View Post
    Congratulations on your new XCR. Awesome photos and video. I love this caliber. Ordering this exact rifle this week.
    So I take it you're not going with the -M?

Hope you get some mags that work....it's a crap shoot with this caliber.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Thanks Sean for your valuable advice. But the -M is just priced too high. Now I am worried about the surplus ammo in x39 soon to be extinct.
    I have an AMD-65 that I bought years ago for $400.00 delivered, that is ultra reliable. I also have a Sig 556R 2nd Gen that I have never fired.
    So this is a toy for me. My father in law once told me. If you do not have a problem, you will create one.
    After it is broken in, I am planning on sending it to WMD Guns for a NiB coating. Exterior and interior.
    Crossing my fingers on some mags from Brownells.
    Last edited by BADDFROGG; 08-11-2014 at 12:35 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BADDFROGG View Post
    Thanks Sean for your valuable advice. But the -M is just priced too high. Now I am worried about the surplus ammo in x39 soon to be extinct.
    I have an AMD-65 that I bought years ago for $400.00 delivered, that is ultra reliable. I also have a Sig 556R 2nd Gen that I have never fired.
    So this is a toy for me. My father in law once told me. If you do not have a problem, you will create one.
    After it is broken in, I am planning on sending it to WMD Guns for a NiB coating. Exterior and interior.
    Crossing my fingers on some mags from Brownells.

Good luck, man. I just hope you get some good mags. That's the only downfall on this particular caliber in the XCR.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

If the magazines fail. I am planning on buying some wolf springs. Talk about a hobby...

Ok, so another range trip with the XCR and things are looking better. I had a lot fewer issues with the 10rd XCR pistol magazines. Maybe they need to be broken in.

I mounted a Vortex 1-4 scope and ran about 200 rounds of Russian surplus through the rifle.

Here are some pictures of my targets, one at 50 yds and one at 100 yds

First time out with Keymod, I'm impressed!!!!-new-pics-050.jpgFirst time out with Keymod, I'm impressed!!!!-new-pics-051.jpg

Ok, so another range trip with the XCR and things are looking better. I had a lot fewer issues with the 10rd XCR pistol magazines. Maybe they need to be broken in.

I mounted a Vortex 1-4 scope and ran about 200 rounds of Russian surplus through the rifle.

Here are some pictures of my targets, one at 50 yds and one at 100 yds. The shots in the middle of the 50 yd target are where I was sighting in the scope. I was not too impressed with the groups at 100 but it is surplus ammunition. I will try a higher quality ammunition some time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new pics 050.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	888.5 KB 
ID:	7684Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new pics 051.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	7685

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by mississaugagunnut View Post
    I was not too impressed with the groups at 100 but it is surplus ammunition. I will try a higher quality ammunition some time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new pics 050.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	888.5 KB 
ID:	7684Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new pics 051.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	7685
    It seems if you were shooting at a man at 100 yards, you'd probably nail him every time. Can't ask for much more with mil surplus ammo in a "combat rifle". Seems just fine to me. Now if you were shooting a bolt action with an optic on it, perhaps I'd be worried
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Thanks again for taking the time to post the targets. Excellent. I need to get an optic for my XCR. And I dont want to spend too much money. A good friend of mine spent over 1K on a trijicon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors