New 7.62x39 Kit - Page 2
Like Tree4Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 7.62x39 Kit

Right on.
    When a helicoil gets wobbly, another option is to get a bigger helicoil and just drill & tap the hole one step larger. The bigger helicoil takes up more gap, no need to change the fastener threads or weld.

That's old-old first-hand, I'm assuming such helicoils are still produced. I can't see why anyone would stop making them anyways.....
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Right on.
    When a helicoil gets wobbly, another option is to get a bigger helicoil and just drill & tap the hole one step larger. The bigger helicoil takes up more gap, no need to change the fastener threads or weld.

That's old-old first-hand, I'm assuming such helicoils are still produced. I can't see why anyone would stop making them anyways.....
    They're still made and used often from automotive to aerospace.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

My first hands on experience with helicoils was with the one from the barrel bolt that a customer removed due to red loctite on the barrel bolt. Replacement was easy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Well, I guess I need optics for more than shooting . Maybe that's why I stabbed myself in the leg with a utility knife the other day. Any others hiding in there?
    In the Corps I used to solder under an opaque microscope. That would apparently be a useful tool to add to the arsenal these days.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"
    -- (reiterated without permission) Rich Hornay

Glad to hear Dredd, hope they will keep it up.

What's "goth" stand for?

GOTH= Go/Gone TO Heck... This is a family forum. I did get an upper w/the standard quad 1913 rail. I also got some Arsenal manufactured from Bulgaria 122grn FMJ Brass casing. I haven't found any Wolf localky, do have some Tula.

I appreciate the in put. I will doing some T&E this Saturday. I will post a range report when I'm done.

Magazines..... I know for x39 this is really precarious. I've watched way too many YouTube bids about x39 mags... I contacted D&H a few weeks ago and they said they were going to release a newly designed mag later this qtr. I have 2 ACS 30 rnd mags. I'm not going to fully load them until I get the break in done.

SOE
    1.Break in x39 kit (brass ammo)
    a. 10 rnds per mag 100 rnds to fire
    b. Eval brass this and recoil adjust gas setting as required
    2. Shoot Tula
    3. Eval each mag w/full capacity w/both brass and steel

If you have any insite please let me know. Next range session will be zeroing the Troy Micro BUIS.
    'Courage is not the absences of fear, its the taking of action in the presences of fear."

Thanks for the heads up on the heliocoil. I remember we had one installed in a spark plug hole the mechanic stripped out, years ago. One reason Dad was so adamant about doing his own auto repair.

The use of helicoils by RA IIRC is one of the reasons they say Not to use loctite on the bolts as that will tend to back out the helicoils with the bolts when removing. The same recommendation is given for the automotive applications. As was said too, they are used in aluminum since they make for a stronger attachment.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    The use of helicoils by RA IIRC is one of the reasons they say Not to use loctite on the bolts as that will tend to back out the helicoils with the bolts when removing. The same recommendation is given for the automotive applications. As was said too, they are used in aluminum since they make for a stronger attachment.
    RA specifically DOES use Loc-tite on the ejector bolts. I think what you're trying to convey is NOT to use Loc-tite on fasteners you plan to take out and reinstall regularly, like the bbl bolt or deflector (assuming you run different calibers in different uppers).

It is standard aerospace/mil practice to Loc-tite fasteners installed in helicoils.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors