New keymod 7.62x39, M4 stock and Pepr Mount
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New keymod 7.62x39, M4 stock and Pepr Mount

New keymod 7.62x39, M4 stock and Pepr Mount

I just picked up my new OD green 7.62x39. I removed the barrel, run a bore snake through it and cleaned it as I would have cleaned my AR with CLP. I used blue loctite on the barrel nut to 200 in lbs. Is there any need to remove the bolt release and blue loctite it now... It just looks like an easy thing to loose. I will be breaking it in with Dominion non corrosive HP's that I ordered from Canada Ammo. Any other suggestions before I letter rip.

Just one. Have fun!
    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." ~ Sir Winston Churchill after the Battle of Britain.

Blue loctite is your friend. I use it liberally on the XCR, even on screws that I put NordLocks under - the ejector screws.
    Yes, I blue loctite the screw that holds the foot to the bolt lock stem too.
    The only things I don't loctite are the gas block and barrel screws. Those get the torque wrech and nothing more.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I put blue loctite on the bottom bolt that holds the bolt release as well as the case delector bolt.

I moved the gas setting and I was surprised how easy it is to move with my fingers. Is it normal to be able move the gas setting that easy? I will start on setting 4 for a few shots and see how far the brass flings out.

Quote Originally Posted by tdk View Post
    I put blue loctite on the bottom bolt that holds the bolt release as well as the case delector bolt.

I moved the gas setting and I was surprised how easy it is to move with my fingers. Is it normal to be able move the gas setting that easy? I will start on setting 4 for a few shots and see how far the brass flings out.

The gas dial is very easily moved when it's clean....
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Is it normal for the retaining pin that holds the firing pin in place to fall out of the bolt carrier?

Is it normal for the retaining pin that holds the firing pin in place to fall out of the bolt carrier?
    New or Old bolt? The old one, no. The new one we have not had much in the wild to know for sure.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

The new one (in my -M anyway) has an o-ring on the head of the retaining pin to prevent it from coming out.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

I have the new L bolt in 7.62x39

I have the new L bolt in 7.62x39
    The one with the buffer attached to the bolt carrier itself? (Just to clarify).
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors