Which barrell contour (heavy or light) for 7.62 conversion kit? - Page 2
Like Tree5Likes
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which barrell contour (heavy or light) for 7.62 conversion kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    Anyone who has experience with RA knows that just because they show something listed on their website doesn't mean you're actually going to get it
    Quote Originally Posted by InVader View Post
    Mine is light. They are out there.
    You were saying?
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    You were saying?
    I was saying I've never seen one. Still haven't.

Kind of like the XCR on the walking dead
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

I was saying I've never seen one. Still haven't.

Kind of like the XCR on the walking dead
    O.K. already... my mistake. But you got to admit, if one has never seen a SCAR before; the gas block, folding "Fast" type stock, general layout... the XCR does look SCAR ish, no?

But I do stand corrected.
    "Up yours!" - Abraham Linclon

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rockworx View Post
    O.K. already... my mistake. But you got to admit, if one has never seen a SCAR before; the gas block, folding "Fast" type stock, general layout... the XCR does look SCAR ish, no?

I don't see the similarity.....but whatever. No big deal....these guys are just busting your balls.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Eh, if I recall correctly, I was running an XCR before here was such a thing as the SCAR.
    Maybe a better comment would be that the SCAR looks XCR ish, eh?
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockworx View Post

Apologies. You corrected yourself in the other thread, and I realize I came across as a dick directed towards you.

My intent was to only point out that sometimes when people see things, when put under the microscope, sometimes things aren't what they appear to be.

You have a 7.62x39 XCR, is the barrel heavy or light, and could you post a pic of it?

I just can't ever recall seeing a light barrel XCR in 7.62x39, and it seems anytime I see a pic of a XCR in 7.62x39, it looks to have the heavy barrel.

I have both light and heavy barrels in 5.56, and the only time the barrel seems to really stick out weight wise, is if I have a optic on the rifle. For some reason the heavy barrel doesn't really feel much heavier with only irons on the rifle.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

I don't see the similarity either. To me it's like claiming the Ford F150 looks like a Mini Cooper simply because they both have wheels, headlights and doors. The boot shaped stock on the SCAR and hooded forward folding iron sight are dead give-aways. But, whatever, we can't all be correct all the time... that would make very boring forums.
    Bravo likes this.

I just can't ever recall seeing a light barrel XCR in 7.62x39, and it seems anytime I see a pic of a XCR in 7.62x39, it looks to have the heavy barrel.
    Oh, so just because you haven't seen one personally... all others who have are tripping on acid? It's a good thing you don't think the planet is flat... or do you?

Apologies. You corrected yourself in the other thread, and I realize I came across as a dick directed towards you.

My intent was to only point out that sometimes when people see things, when put under the microscope, sometimes things aren't what they appear to be.

You have a 7.62x39 XCR, is the barrel heavy or light, and could you post a pic of it?

I have both light and heavy barrels in 5.56, and the only time the barrel seems to really stick out weight wise, is if I have a optic on the rifle. For some reason the heavy barrel doesn't really feel much heavier with only irons on the rifle.

Sig, JFYI...they look VERY similar....as in they'd probably need to have the pic taken side by side to tell the difference.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Pick and choose your poison.

Heat kills barrels, and heavy barrels are just harder to heat up. Besides the longevity, the groups on heavy barrels stays tighter longer...

However, since we are talking carbines shooting at least 50% of the time unsupported, a lighter barrel is much more handy, and easier to swing around. In addition, carbines shoot almost always bulk ammo that is not that accurate, so all the benefits you get from a heavy barrel are really a non factor. Anything around 6" groups is more than good enough.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsors