Like Tree12Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCAR 7.62x39

SCAR 7.62x39

Sean K. likes this.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

AAG
    Would rather have the Galil Ace unicorn.

Finding all sorts of good stuff today mjorin.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Still can't figure out why Robarms never did an AK mag compatible lower, would have sold a lot of them.

I can't imagine FN will ever produce these without a large .mil contract, so I won't hold my breath.
    mjorin, TexasChris and Sean K. like this.

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchoutforStobor View Post
    Still can't figure out why Robarms never did an AK mag compatible lower, would have sold a lot of them.

I can't imagine FN will ever produce these without a large .mil contract, so I won't hold my breath.
    +1

However, you'd still probably be looking at a price point starting over $1,800 for a semi auto rifle shooting the 7.62x39 round from RA.

Given RA's current market share, not sure "selling a lot of them" (per that caliber) would help increase their market share due to the price point alone and justify the cost.

Then again, thinking about it I could be wrong per RA. As you said, if RA did the lower's alone, as long as they were compatiable with ALL their L rifles, you could be looking at picking up more business that could justify the cost of the lower alone. I'd see it as a big selling point with the platform. This is where I believe RA has a huge advantage over FN (I could be wrong).

I'm just one of those people that if I'm shooting a 7.62x39 round, the ONLY semi auto rifle I'll use is one that takes AK mags.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    +1However, you'd still probably be looking at a price point starting over $1,800 for a semi auto rifle shooting the 7.62x39 round from RA. Given RA's current market share, not sure "selling a lot of them" (per that caliber) would help increase their market share due to the price point alone and justify the cost.Then again, thinking about it I could be wrong per RA. As you said, if RA did the lower's alone, as long as they were compatiable with ALL their L rifles, you could be looking at picking up more business that could justify the cost of the lower alone. I'd see it as a big selling point with the platform. This is where I believe RA has a huge advantage over FN (I could be wrong).I'm just one of those people that if I'm shooting a 7.62x39 round, the ONLY semi auto rifle I'll use is one that takes AK mags.
    I'm in the process of building/designing a lower that takes AK mags for the XCR, but unfortunately with working on the road, I haven't had time or tools to work on it. The lower will work with any upper, but the upper does need a slight amount of material removed to allow the magazine to lock into place.
    TexasChris likes this.
    Time is a great teacher...Unfortunately it kills all of its students.

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by stonersr26 View Post
    I'm in the process of building/designing a lower that takes AK mags for the XCR, but unfortunately with working on the road, I haven't had time or tools to work on it. The lower will work with any upper, but the upper does need a slight amount of material removed to allow the magazine to lock into place.
    You may be onto the reason why RA doesn't go down this road.

In your opinion for where you're at in your work, after you need to remove some material from the upper, do you think there won't be any issues putting the slightly modified upper (to accept AK mags) back with the original 5.56 lower?

If you could swap lowers out on the XCR to go back and forth between AR mags and AK mags, the platform would rock. Then again, I could be in the minority because I think the XCR already rocks LOL

For some reason, I don't trust any non AK mags to work with the 7.62x39 round in other non AK rifles. If you don't have a reliable mag, you're always going to have issues no matter how good the rifle.
    Last edited by Sig; 10-18-2015 at 02:00 PM.

Right on Sig.
    If I could get an XCR that took AK mags, I'd do that pronto.
    As an SBR, with a kit to change it from 7.62 Soviet to 5.45 Soviet
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

I won't know for sure until it is completed and I can test it, but I don't think it will affect using 5.56 at all. The material removed is just a slight amount from the walls of the upper receiver and under where the back of the barrel sits. The only thing I can see it allowing is the magazines to wobble a little bit more. Once I get one completed and get patent paperwork filed for a part of it that I think a lot of people will love.... I'll definitely post pictures, videos, and all that good stuff.
    Bravo and Sean K. like this.
    Time is a great teacher...Unfortunately it kills all of its students.

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by stonersr26 View Post
    I won't know for sure until it is completed and I can test it, but I don't think it will affect using 5.56 at all. The material removed is just a slight amount from the walls of the upper receiver and under where the back of the barrel sits. The only thing I can see it allowing is the magazines to wobble a little bit more. Once I get one completed and get patent paperwork filed for a part of it that I think a lot of people will love.... I'll definitely post pictures, videos, and all that good stuff.
    You're a better man than myself.

I do wonder however even if you get a patent on it, other than selling the patent rights to RA, not sure if it would be worth the time (unless it's something you love to do anyways). I'm not a machinists, but I would think a EZED stock adaptor would be easier to mass produce than a lower? (and I could be wrong).

I can only guess the XCR market is small in comparision to the over all "black semi auto rifle" world, and common sense tells me that if the upper didn't have to be modified in the field after buying a dedciated AK lower, it would sell better.

I can't also help but think that the owner of RA is a pretty intelligent person who has the same passion for firearms, and I'd find it hard to believe the thought didn't cross his mind to try and do the same thing with a dedicated AK lower, but for some reason decided agasint doing it.

That said, I believe some people never thought a .300 blackout would exist for the XCR, and it does now, so who knows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors