The 7.62 Conversion Kits. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The 7.62 Conversion Kits.

Re: The 7.62 Conversion Kits.

Texas,

Yeah, I almost bought a Saiga in 7.62x39 along with my XCR, but wanted the XCR 7.62x39 conversion instead of the Saiga. Funds will only support one purchase so the choice was wait for the XCR 7.62x39 conversion. Now if C-Products would get the mags out I can have it this year.

I've been saving all of my brass from all calibers for the past few months, even .22LR. I've seen a nifty post on arfcom showing how to make the actual bullets from .22LR cases. Just need a couple of dies and the lead and you can make your own .223 bullets pretty cheaply. This may come in handy in the long run if prices keep going up or the SHTF.

Ah, ... to think back to all the hundreds of thousands of rounds of spent brass I've left behind over the years in all calibers. I should have been stockpiling this stuff all along. Just the brass prices alone would have paid for a lot of stuff now.

Needless to say, I now have a brass catcher for my semi-auto rifles www.3bucc.com and waiting for Midway to get the pistol ones back in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS SOLFTAIL View Post
    7.62X39 ammo should be stable with your biggest supply coming from Russia. The reason for 5.56 spike is because of the war. Surplus is hard to come by - so is .223 bullets & primers to reload 5.56 ammo. In the mean time you can buy an AK-47 to give you a reason to stock pile 7.62x39!

I e-mailed C-Products, and got a reply from the owner no less:

Roy,
    We are in the tooling process. As a matter of fact we have a meeting today with our design folks. We expect to have this product ready by mid December with the possibility of pre-production samples end of November.

Larry Panka Sr/Owner/Managing Member
    So the pressure is working I think!
    O.S.O.K.

Let's hope so.

I still haven't received any response from the C-Products folks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Arms View Post
    I e-mailed C-Products, and got a reply from the owner no less:

Roy,
    We are in the tooling process. As a matter of fact we have a meeting today with our design folks. We expect to have this product ready by mid December with the possibility of pre-production samples end of November.

Larry Panka Sr/Owner/Managing Member
    So the pressure is working I think!
    awesome... I'll be sending an email to them tonight as well

OK then ... question for the Robarm folks?

Can I get my 7.62x39 conversion with an 18.6" heavy barrel?

I'd like to know the lengths and rate of twist for the 7.62x39 barrels you will be offering.

If there's any way can you get started on mine now so I don't have to wait till 2008 for an 18.6" heavy barrel for my 7.62x39 conversion?

I'm assuming you'll probably be using something like 1:10 for the 7.62x39 barrel twist but would like to hear for sure.

Juicespeare1
    a.k.a. "Giddy as a School Girl"

Quote Originally Posted by Juicespeare1 View Post
    Yeah, I almost bought a Saiga in 7.62x39 along with my XCR, but wanted the XCR 7.62x39 conversion instead of the Saiga. Funds will only support one purchase so the choice was wait for the XCR 7.62x39 conversion.
    I suspect the Saiga would be cheaper than the XCR conversion. Probably considerably cheaper.

As far as the capabilities of the rifle, well, no contest. That is what is attractive about the conversion to me. I've never shot x39 out of a platform that is free floated/more importantly, has a good optics mounting ability and nice ergonomics, so I'm kind of eager to see what I can do with the x39 out of a modern rifle, and find out how much of the x39's downside was due to the rifle (AK) rather than the cartridge.

The 7.62x39 XCR conversion is one item that I would definitely buy, no doubt it my mind, as long as it works well. I'm also very glad they are going to be using a magazine that works in the same way as a normal AR mag. I'm hoping other next-gen rifles in x39 will use this magazine too, in order to keep demand up for it.

good post ny... I completely agree. I'm passing on a x39 ak for just those reasons.

I will however be getting a 5.45 ak soon. The difference in ammo costs of the russian calibers is too attractive to pass up for a frequent shooter...

I would also be curious as to what sort of 7.62x39 barrels will be available. I will be hoping for a light profile chrome lined one, similar to the standard 5.56 barrel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsors