What is C Products doing to fix their 7.62x39 mags?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is C Products doing to fix their 7.62x39 mags?

What is C Products doing to fix their 7.62x39 mags?

I really want to get a 7.62x39 kit for my XCR but I WILL NOT until C Products has fixed their overpriced/less than reliable 7.62x39 mags. I have plenty of AK mags that I can pull springs from to make them work but that means I have AK mags that I cannot use. Why should anyone have to "fix" brand new $30-$35 magazines? If I had bought some that did not work right, I would have returned/exchanged them.

Does anyone know if C Products is doing to retrofit new springs to their magazines AND/OR smooth out the insides of the magazines bodies? Have any of you or Terra let them know directly about the mag problems? As soon as I see positive reports with a new spring or fix provided by C Products, I feel I can buy a 7.62x39 conversion.

Thanks.
    Action Target Portable Steel Targets: http://actiontarget.com/spt_cat_portable_targets.html

Re: What is C Products doing to fix their 7.62x39 mags?

This is not a NEW problem as far as designing a 7.62x39 mag for the AR/Robinson mag well. I own a VERY old COLT 7.62x39 barreled upper. It has NEVER functioned reliably with anything more than the shitty Colt Five Round (5rd ) mags. I though MAYBE the drastic curve with the cproducts mag might work. I do understand they do have to be "broken in" before use. Well why the hell can't cproducts set up an air operated upper and lower to "precondition" the mags? If they don't pass back to the reject pile, or melting pot or whatever they do with shit that doesn't work. > ???
    Fio para bellator - be the Prepared Warrior

Don't suppose you have any of C-Prod's mags, do you? I agree with you, that you should not have to fix a brand new mag that cost $30-$35. I would like to know if someone has but either a follower or spring from a AK mag into a C-Products mag to see is that will fix the problems? But that goes back to the min problem at hand.

The mag issue was one the reasons why I canceled my order. But this is mag issue was the main reason I started my poll. About XCR lowers that take AK mags. At times I think it might be easier and cheaper for Alex to design a new lower than C-Products to fix the mag issue. But this is not just a XCR problem, I know.

https://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,1944.0.html
    You are either moving forward, or backwards. Their is no neutral in life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

they are aware of the issue and the fix. Now we wait for them to do something about it. ha. ha.
    Resident Forum Slut

I hope it's soon and the price comes down also.

Quote Originally Posted by TerraShrewsbury View Post
    they are aware of the issue and the fix. Now we wait for them to do something about it. ha. ha.
    Well...my fear is confirmed. I'll be waiting on my 7.62x39 conversion until they have it resolved. I'm not buying $35 "broken" mags. I'm happy to use my AK's for now and with Bolt Hold Open followers, they are close in function to AR style BHO mags, but they will always work.
    Action Target Portable Steel Targets: http://actiontarget.com/spt_cat_portable_targets.html

I'm happy to use my AK's for now and with Bolt Hold Open followers
    They must be Yugoslav mags,they are the only AK mags I know of that hold the bolt open.Only problem is it slams shut when you remove them...ouch!! ;D

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

Jack A Sol

it's funny, but I'm pretty sure that I predicted this very conversation not too long ago......

https://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,....html#msg17297

https://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,....html#msg17232

Quote Originally Posted by Jack A Sol View Post
    it's funny, but I'm pretty sure that I predicted this very conversation not too long ago......

https://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,....html#msg17297

https://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,....html#msg17232
    I have now come to see things the same as Jack-O. When the 7.62x39 was starting to come out. I said I would not buy one because it did not use AK mags. Then when I heard C-Products were making the mags I started to changed my mind about it. And when the 1st reports started coming out from fellow XCR owners I did change my mind and ordered one. But then the mag issue came up and my financial situation changed. So I canceled my order. For now I have put the 7.62x39 kit on hold. But now this 6x45mm or 6.5x45mm looks like the way to go. Or even the 6.8mm SPC.

The magazine issue is what has me hesitant about the x39 kit,not to mention cost of magazines.I too am with Jack in that alot of people are going to blame the rifle and that sucks.This is an issue that needs quick resolution,I think it only fair that C-Products offer replacement springs to anyone with the old type once they've worked out the issue.
    Just a side note,wouldn't it be sweet if Wolf would pick up the 6x45 so we could shoot it cheaply.Yea I know like that's going to happen.Damnit I know I need to reload,but I've got to much other stuff going on right now to get into setting up everything.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors