Hill and Mack Gunworks - STANAG 7.62x39 Magazine
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Dredd
  • 1 Post By Sean K.
  • 1 Post By Dredd

Thread: Hill and Mack Gunworks - STANAG 7.62x39 Magazine

Hill and Mack Gunworks - STANAG 7.62x39 Magazine

I have been following the development of the HMG Sturmgewehr STG-44. This is a multi-caliber rifle system (5.56, .300BLK, 7.62X39, and 7.9 Kurtz). In parallel w/the rifle development they have also developed a corresponding magazine w/the look and shape of the original STG-44. These polymer mags are STANAG. Sooooo w/all of the problems we've had ACS and CPD, wanted to put out to our XCR-L community that there maybe another option. Unfortunately I am not in a good financial situation. Layed off, running out of $$$, trying to sell my Jeep Wrangler and buy/move into a 29' RV. They are scheduled to be available in Sep....

Below is the website: Please let me know what your opinions are and if anyone does purchase one or two of these do an AAR/review of them.

https://www.hmgunworks.com/product/h...wehr-magazine/

Thank you,
    Merlin and Sean K. like this.
    'Courage is not the absences of fear, its the taking of action in the presences of fear."

Thanks Dredd. Hope your finances pick up soon, sorry to hear that it is not good.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    I have been following the development of the HMG Sturmgewehr STG-44. This is a multi-caliber rifle system (5.56, .300BLK, 7.62X39, and 7.9 Kurtz). In parallel w/the rifle development they have also developed a corresponding magazine w/the look and shape of the original STG-44. These polymer mags are STANAG. Sooooo w/all of the problems we've had ACS and CPD, wanted to put out to our XCR-L community that there maybe another option. Unfortunately I am not in a good financial situation. Layed off, running out of $$$, trying to sell my Jeep Wrangler and buy/move into a 29' RV. They are scheduled to be available in Sep....

Below is the website: Please let me know what your opinions are and if anyone does purchase one or two of these do an AAR/review of them.

https://www.hmgunworks.com/product/h...wehr-magazine/

Thank you,

Good luck on the job front....."full employment" my ass. There aren't many good jobs left anymore....and I don't see that trend reversing with the dumbasses on both sides of the aisle we've elected.

Very sorry to hear this....know how it feels. Was out of work for quite a while last year.
    G2 likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I wonder if their STG-44 will take a regular STANAG mag like a Pmag for example? It *looks* like it would. Regardless...it would be interesting to find out if these mags would work in a X39 XCR since they have a less radical departure from the curve than the typical STANAG x39 mag.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

From what I understand, the HMG STG44 will take the STANAG mag, so the PMag will work. Review the below post from MAC...

Guys; I really appreciate the comments about my situation... It is Corporate America... The lay off was not a surprise.. I just needed 1 more year and I would have been good. So much for the plans of mice and men... After doing the USAF for 27 years, I am cynical about jobs in the US. I am moving into an RV for a lack of a better reason just for the sheer adventure of it. If I can find something w/firearms that would be great. Unfortunately I am not a gunsmith. So that leaves sales... My plan is too do seasonal work, either at campgrounds, Cabella's, or the what not. The biggest issue was reducing my overhead. I have all of the guns I wanted... So now its just feeding the habit. So again thank you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwZuG7-xkBk

Bravo likes this.
    'Courage is not the absences of fear, its the taking of action in the presences of fear."

Anyone tried these mags? I'm very curious about them.

Anyone try these in X39? Sale right now....$100 for 4 shipped. Hmmm....

Just realized these are "pre-order" still...they haven't even been released yet.

6 months and they are still in pre-order mode! Looks like it may never happen.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Sponsors