Unimag 7.62x39 & 6.5G Review - Page 10
Like Tree10Likes
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Unimag 7.62x39 & 6.5G Review

The XCR is looking Good.

one more post for the XCR, as this Video was interesting.

Just as a follow-up after using these for a while with the XCR.

Pretty reliable in 7.62x39. Cheap shit, expensive shit, it just seems to work.

With 6.5G Wolf ammo I see double feeds on rounds that are under-pressure. Even if I bump the gas to 4, beating up the gun, I still see some issues with these. It's more wolf causing a short-stroke than anything, but these unimags are more sensitive to timing than other mags. With commercial and handloads I see very few double feeds (maybe 1/200).

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

In order to help the Wolf cycle more reliably in 6.5Grendel, do you think it would be possible to drill out a hole in the gas valve to allow more gas through? The Wolf Military Classic 6.5Grendel is much less expensive than the US made brass cased stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by roflcopters View Post
    Just as a follow-up after using these for a while with the XCR.

Pretty reliable in 7.62x39. Cheap shit, expensive shit, it just seems to work.

With 6.5G Wolf ammo I see double feeds on rounds that are under-pressure. Even if I bump the gas to 4, beating up the gun, I still see some issues with these. It's more wolf causing a short-stroke than anything, but these unimags are more sensitive to timing than other mags. With commercial and handloads I see very few double feeds (maybe 1/200).
    With commercially loaded brass 6.5G we've noticed the opposite....the Wolf is hotter (in terms of ejection distances) than the brass stuff. This is on my XCR 6.5G and well as a friend's PSA AR with adjustable gas block.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    In order to help the Wolf cycle more reliably in 6.5Grendel, do you think it would be possible to drill out a hole in the gas valve to allow more gas through? The Wolf Military Classic 6.5Grendel is much less expensive than the US made brass cased stuff.
    Yes....this is done somewhat regularly with XCR dials....just be careful how much you open them up...and it will also depend on which "Type" gas system you have....and also check your bbl port as well as the gasblock port. The dial is only one port out of 3 that are involved.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Oh, and here is a thread with some 6.5G port sizes for an 11" bbl with Type 3 gas.

https://www.xcrforum.com/forum/15-fi...cr-l-6-5g.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    With commercially loaded brass 6.5G we've noticed the opposite....the Wolf is hotter (in terms of ejection distances) than the brass stuff. This is on my XCR 6.5G and well as a friend's PSA AR with adjustable gas block.
    In my case its clear something is off, on gas 4 the normal wolf goes 20ft ejecting, when there's a double feed you can feel the recoil is lighter and only ejects about 8ft, or ejects at a different angle. I've settled on running gas 2 unless using the wolf. It is an old case (from when wolf initially started importing the 6.5) so they may have fixed it in newer lots. Type 3 gas.

Quote Originally Posted by roflcopters View Post
    In my case its clear something is off, on gas 4 the normal wolf goes 20ft ejecting, when there's a double feed you can feel the recoil is lighter and only ejects about 8ft, or ejects at a different angle. I've settled on running gas 2 unless using the wolf. It is an old case (from when wolf initially started importing the 6.5) so they may have fixed it in newer lots. Type 3 gas.
    Yeah, mine are newer lots....so that may be the difference.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Sponsors