Unimag 7.62x39 & 6.5G Review - Page 5
Like Tree8Likes
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Unimag 7.62x39 & 6.5G Review

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Has to be...none of that will work in an XCR.
    Thanks Sean K. ....yes i was talking about AR 15 Uppers.
    i do not have an XCR Rifle, but i do have a Need for Magazines to feed 7.62x39 and other Calibers
    And that is what led me to this forum.

I have all of the parts necessary for a 5.45x39 AR15 build with the exception of the piston system that I purchased for it. It's literally been on backorder for months. My receiver is even marked 5.45x39. My hope is that the Unimags work for it.

Piston System

Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I have all of the parts necessary for a 5.45x39 AR15 build with the exception of the piston system that I purchased for it. It's literally been on backorder for months. My receiver is even marked 5.45x39. My hope is that the Unimags work for it.
    Wow that does sound interesting using the Piston system instead of Direct Impingement...
    based on the Videos from Ross that demo shows the 5.45x39 worked Great, as demonstrator
    unloaded that Unimag faster than the other Calibers.
    What Piston System did you order Bret ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I actually did Build my 5.45x39 with Parts from all over the net...it's not easy finding parts for that Caliber
    like Barrels, Bolt things like that, as my Bolt came from RGUNS , and Barrel is VOODO which are no longer produced.
    also i am going to order those Unimags soon, and Hope they work as well.
    i heard the Shipping is $15 per Order, and i was only going to try out 3 at first so i may need to order more at first to get my money's worth.
    Last edited by Bobby; 07-30-2020 at 04:39 PM.

I ordered an Osprey Defense gas piston system from Optics Planet. The expected receipt date keeps getting put off.
    https://ospreydefense.com/ops-416/
    I bought the 5.45x39 marked receiver from Bishamon Arms. The 5.45x39 chrome lined barrel came from Model 1 Sales. Finally, I found the bolt and enhanced firing pin at Red X Arms. Everything else is the same as 5.56x45.

I ordered an Osprey Defense gas piston system from Optics Planet. The expected receipt date keeps getting put off.
    https://ospreydefense.com/ops-416/
    I bought the 5.45x39 marked receiver from Bishamon Arms. The 5.45x39 chrome lined barrel came from Model 1 Sales. Finally, I found the bolt and enhanced firing pin at Red X Arms. Everything else is the same as 5.56x45.
    Not uncommon with Optics Planet. A lot of what they sell is drop ship.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

I don't mind the drop ship part, but I'm about ready to pull the plug on Osprey Defense. The only reason I bought the Osprey Defense piston conversion kit was to try something different. I have two rifles with Adam Arms conversion kits and they run great. One's actually a 6.5 Grendel AR15 that I built.

Adams Arms

I don't mind the drop ship part, but I'm about ready to pull the plug on Osprey Defense. The only reason I bought the Osprey Defense piston conversion kit was to try something different. I have two rifles with Adam Arms conversion kits and they run great. One's actually a 6.5 Grendel AR15 that I built.
    Bret i was going to mention they had Piston Systems, and that is where my Barrel came from in 5.45x39.
    It's Good to know their Piston System works Good for you.
    Do they still Produce the Piston System?

I know Adams Arms was having financial trouble, but they should be doing well right now assuming they didn't go out of business. Their website is still up.
    https://www.adamsarms.net/kits

Ammo

I know Adams Arms was having financial trouble, but they should be doing well right now assuming they didn't go out of business. Their website is still up.
    https://www.adamsarms.net/kits
    i will check that link, and see what they offer now.
    Prices just jumped $20 plus on 7.62x39, 5.45x39 from what i see this morning on Bulk quantities.
    i heard Prices were going to go much higher, and that is understandable as demand is High.
    I wanted to Buy some more Bulk soon, and then at least have some supply at my disposal.
    i really do not like when things get like this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Sponsors