Unimag 7.62x39 & 6.5G Review - Page 9
Like Tree10Likes
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Unimag 7.62x39 & 6.5G Review

I'd guess that means 2018, but who really knows for sure. Of course it doesn't really matter assuming they work. I'm confident they will.

5.45X39 Barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'd guess that means 2018, but who really knows for sure. Of course it doesn't really matter assuming they work. I'm confident they will.
    ASAP i will be Testing the Unimags i just received, but until then i am working on other projects.
    Do you have any other sources for a 5.45x39 barrel?
    I have been looking all over for someone who still has any in stock.
    I am just about ready to have one Custom made from about the only place i can find https://mcgowenbarrel.com/shop/custom-ar-barrel/
    Also i just sent out an Email to Ballistic Advantage out of Florida to ask if they will be Producing their 5.45x39 Barrels and Bolts again.

Model 1 Sales is the only place that I've found 5.45x39 barrels in stock.
    Model 1 Sales: 5.45x39 EM-4 Barrel
    Model 1 Sales: 5.45x39 Commando Barrel

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Model 1 Sales 5.45x39 Barrels

Model 1 Sales is the only place that I've found 5.45x39 barrels in stock.
    Model 1 Sales: 5.45x39 EM-4 Barrel
    Model 1 Sales: 5.45x39 Commando Barrel
    Thanks Bret for the Links for the 5.45x39 Barrels at Model 1 Sales.
    I have seen these Barrels before in my quest to find 5.45x39 Barrels, but
    I did not know anything about them as far as Quality, or mainly how Accurate they are.
    If you have any info on your experience with Accuracy ,or anything that would help me
    with making a decision to buy from them please let me know.

I have not shot my barrel because I still have not been able to assemble the rifle due to not yet receiving the piston gas system. I may give up on that and go direct gas. That said, it looks good, is chrome lined and is made from a Shaw blank. I did drop a cartridge in the chamber and it's nice and tight.

5.45x39 Barrels

I have not shot my barrel because I still have not been able to assemble the rifle due to not yet receiving the piston gas system. I may give up on that and go direct gas. That said, it looks good, is chrome lined and is made from a Shaw blank. I did drop a cartridge in the chamber and it's nice and tight.
    Thanks Bret....i have not shot the Barrel i have either from Adams Arms which is 11.5 but not Chrome lined.
    I think the Barrel you have from Model 1 Sales is a Good choice based on what you have mentioned.
    I am going to post these links of some 5.45x39 Barrel sources i have found, but not all are in stock currently, but were.
    https://mcgowenbarrel.com/shop/custom-ar-barrel/ custom Barrels with choice of 4140 chrome moly or 416R Stainless.
    You have choices on length of Barrel, and Gas System Lengths in the drop down for each category.
    16" RXA 5.45x39 BLACK STRAIGHT FLUTED HEAVY BARREL; SS 1:8 TWIST Not Secure website
    16" RXA 5.45x39 STRAIGHT FLUTED HEAVY BARREL; SS 1:8 TWIST Not Secure website
    5.45x39 16" M4 Profile Nitride Barrel - AR15-Supply.com Not Secure website
    The last 3 links say they are not secure right before the Address so i am not sure about them.
    aside from the link you posted for Model 1 Sales, i am also interested in the first link i posted for Mcgowenbarrel.com

CZ Bren

New Video of the CZ Bren out today-

Bren 2 7.62.39 Torture Test

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
    One good gun doesn't prove anything...just as one bad one doesn't. I'm thinking lot/serial numbers might be a lot more telling.

CZ's excuse doesn't mean shit. I've got THOUSANDS of rounds of laquered up X39 through AKs and XCRs that are never cleaned and it should NEVER choke your gun if it's built right.

I'm admittedly biased, but it just seems CZ fucked this one up (uncharacteristically).

You have to spend quite a bit more money to get a decent, workable length handguard from the aftermarket (HB Industries here in AZ) and you have to add an adapter to take a ACR/Tailhook to make the pistol into a usable one that actually looks half way decent.

Seems to me, the XCR in X39 offers all that plus a lot more frankly for about the same price. Only advantage I see is the proprietary mags...and that's debatable considering they aren't inexpensive.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 09-15-2020 at 06:40 PM.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

XCR 7.62X39 Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    One good gun doesn't prove anything...just as one bad one doesn't. I'm thinking lot/serial numbers might be a lot more telling.

CZ's excuse doesn't mean shit. I've got THOUSANDS of rounds of laquered up X39 through AKs and XCRs that are never cleaned and it should NEVER choke your gun if it's built right.

I'm admittedly biased, but it just seems CZ fucked this one up (uncharacteristically).

You have to spend quite a bit more money to get a decent, workable length handguard from the aftermarket (HB Industries here in AZ) and you have to add an adapter to take a ACR/Tailhook to make the pistol into a usable one that actually looks half way decent.

Seems to me, the XCR in X39 offers all that plus a lot more frankly for about the same price. Only advantage I see is the proprietary mags...and that's debatable considering they aren't inexpensive.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Sponsors