XCR Forum banner

It's official

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  ethereal killer 
#1 ·
I bloody hate my 7.62x39. I love the XCR but my X39 pisses me off every time I use it. I have ASC and Cprod mags. Nose dives are regular. The last rounds almost never feed...... someone please teach me how to love it. I should have just gone with the .556. I know they run. I need 100%.

#2 ·
No idea....send the mags back. My ASCs run 100%....I have at least 22 of the 30 rounders.

I also run the Unimag by Ross Defense systems....I had 7 mags that had issues (wouldn't drop free) out of 29 total mags. They hold 25 rounds of x39 ammo.

ASC and Cproducts both have good return policies if the mags aren't working. Get the latest generation and you should be good to go.

That's where I'd start if I were you.

#3 ·
This is just my opinion. If you must have x39, go through the pain of finding and keeping magazines that work (like Sean did), or go to a dedicated platform. If the AK isn't modern enough (for optics etc), check out the Galil Ace in that chambering. CZ USA is really missing a big opportunity by not providing a carbine version of the Bren in this chambering. I'd be all over that too if they had.

#4 ·
I'd agree. An AK is really still the way to go for X39 but as fmunk said, optics mounting sux.

Bren A2 could have killed this market, but CZ priced the mags a bit too high and a carbine version should have been released....that could still happen though.

Too bad RA never decided to offer an AK mag compatible lower.... :(

BTW, I got lucky....all the mags from ASC I have just worked first time I ordered.

#6 ·
Did you read Merlin's thread on dremeling the m4 feed cuts out to a larger size. I don't think it's the mags as much as the m4 cuts that were designed for 5.56.

#9 ·
Polishing is fine...I don't see opening up the cuts as being necessary. I have two X39 XCRs...both run 100% with good mags...and I haven't polished or modded the feed ramps in either gun. Now, it may be that 8K+ SN XCRs in x39 already have better feed ramps...no idea. I just know it wasn't necessary in my case to get either to run 100%.

#10 ·
I think this came about in response to an article on getting 7.62X39 ARs to run. It would be interesting to find out if any changes have been made to the cuts at RA. But Merlin didn't just polish, he hogged them out.

#12 · (Edited)
FWIW, I got four 10-rounders from Nate a while back. Two had the square cut at the feeding/leading side of of the mag. Those two fed fine, while the other two did not (nose-dived). And these 10-rounders are too short for curvature to play any part in cause.

#14 ·
I have had my Robinson XCR L in 7.62X39 for over twelve years. She eats everything and one my favorite rifles. Super reliable and accurate. I love the design and the folding stock. I only had problems with the ASC magazines. I only use and have dozens of C Products DuraMag's.They also function perfectly in my Maxim Defense 10" AR Pistol in X39 and Bear Creek Side Charger 7.5" AR Pistol in X39. I mostly have the 28 round magazines. But for carry I use the 20rd/mag..

#16 ·
Duramags are the ONLY acceptable AK mags in STANAG form factor. Every time you buy an ASC mag, you roll the dice. I had an entire batch of ASCs that turned out to be garbage. Meanwhile, I've never had an issue with C-Product. And this is coming from someone who uses them in both AR47 and Bren2. Personally, I prefer the 28-rounders due to their size.

#17 ·
Cmmg mutant has been flying off the shelves for three years. RAcustomers have been begging for an AK mag variant for almost two decades. Why it hasn’t been done is beyond me. Al I ever heard from Alex was “lack of last round bolt hold open”

Dude literally perfected the AK 0platform yet refuses to use the only reliable and acceptable magazine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.