It's official
Like Tree2Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's official

It's official

I bloody hate my 7.62x39. I love the XCR but my X39 pisses me off every time I use it. I have ASC and Cprod mags. Nose dives are regular. The last rounds almost never feed...... someone please teach me how to love it. I should have just gone with the .556. I know they run. I need 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I bloody hate my 7.62x39. I love the XCR but my X39 pisses me off every time I use it. I have ASC and Cprod mags. Nose dives are regular. The last rounds almost never feed...... someone please teach me how to love it. I should have just gone with the .556. I know they run. I need 100%.
    No idea....send the mags back. My ASCs run 100%....I have at least 22 of the 30 rounders.

I also run the Unimag by Ross Defense systems....I had 7 mags that had issues (wouldn't drop free) out of 29 total mags. They hold 25 rounds of x39 ammo.

ASC and Cproducts both have good return policies if the mags aren't working. Get the latest generation and you should be good to go.

That's where I'd start if I were you.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

This is just my opinion. If you must have x39, go through the pain of finding and keeping magazines that work (like Sean did), or go to a dedicated platform. If the AK isn't modern enough (for optics etc), check out the Galil Ace in that chambering. CZ USA is really missing a big opportunity by not providing a carbine version of the Bren in this chambering. I'd be all over that too if they had.
    Sean K. likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    This is just my opinion. If you must have x39, go through the pain of finding and keeping magazines that work (like Sean did), or go to a dedicated platform. If the AK isn't modern enough (for optics etc), check out the Galil Ace in that chambering. CZ USA is really missing a big opportunity by not providing a carbine version of the Bren in this chambering. I'd be all over that too if they had.
    I'd agree. An AK is really still the way to go for X39 but as fmunk said, optics mounting sux.

Bren A2 could have killed this market, but CZ priced the mags a bit too high and a carbine version should have been released....that could still happen though.

Too bad RA never decided to offer an AK mag compatible lower....

BTW, I got lucky....all the mags from ASC I have just worked first time I ordered.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Too bad RA never decided to offer an AK mag compatible lower....

Yes!

Sean K. likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Did you read Merlin's thread on dremeling the m4 feed cuts out to a larger size. I don't think it's the mags as much as the m4 cuts that were designed for 5.56.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Sooooo I took out the DREMEL today...........................https://www.xcrforum.com/forum/11-7-62x39mm/18561-sooooo-i-took-out-dremel-today.html

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Yes!

So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    Did you read Merlin's thread on dremeling the m4 feed cuts out to a larger size. I don't think it's the mags as much as the m4 cuts that were designed for 5.56.
    Polishing is fine...I don't see opening up the cuts as being necessary. I have two X39 XCRs...both run 100% with good mags...and I haven't polished or modded the feed ramps in either gun. Now, it may be that 8K+ SN XCRs in x39 already have better feed ramps...no idea. I just know it wasn't necessary in my case to get either to run 100%.

I think this came about in response to an article on getting 7.62X39 ARs to run. It would be interesting to find out if any changes have been made to the cuts at RA. But Merlin didn't just polish, he hogged them out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors