"enhanced firing pin" for XCR in 7.62x39?

Thread: "enhanced firing pin" for XCR in 7.62x39?

"enhanced firing pin" for XCR in 7.62x39?

I'm looking at getting a conversion for my XCR in 7.62x39 soon, but I'm looking to buy a bunch of ammo first (before it sells out). I'm looking at stocking up on a bunch of Golden Tiger. Ammo that my friend swears by for his AK. But the description for the ammo says that it requires that "AR15 may also need an 'enhanced firing pin'." Does the XCR conversion have this or should it be something I ask for when ordering the conversion kit? Or should I avoid ammo like this and stock up on Wolf or Red Army instead?

The type 2 bcg has a firing pin tail for the x39 that gives it more travel for the hard primers. If you've got an type 1, you may need the heavy hammer spring.

I guess I should have mentioned that I have the gen 3 rifle. So that means it should be good when I order this conversion kit?

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Verify with them that it comes with the tail. I think it would be worth it to have the full pin/tail assembly.

I installed the heavy hammer spring and it works fine with every type of ammo I've shot. Steel cased Russian crap runs great and that heavy spring will work fine on other calibers.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    I installed the heavy hammer spring and it works fine with every type of ammo I've shot. Steel cased Russian crap runs great and that heavy spring will work fine on other calibers.
    I've been running Wolf, Brown Bear, Barnaul & Golden Tiger without the heavy spring. Never have had a light primer strike on any of them. Type one BCG too.........
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    I've been running Wolf, Brown Bear, Barnaul & Golden Tiger without the heavy spring. Never have had a light primer strike on any of them. Type one BCG too.........
    Interesting.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Ditto here too. 1590 7.6x39 rounds fired.

Sponsors