More training experiences with the 7.62x39...bad experiences that is.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More training experiences with the 7.62x39...bad experiences that is.

More training experiences with the 7.62x39...bad experiences that is.

I had a training day today and decided to use the Robinson Arms XCR 7.62x39 and not bring a back up gun because I thought the XCR wouldn't let me down.

Well, I was wrong.

We started out with a mini MEU(SOC) drill.* Shooting from prone at 75 yards running to 50 yards and back to shoot at prone then going to 50 and doing stuff then to 25 and doing more stuff...

Anyway, just doing simple stuff like shooting 10 rounds in 90 seconds resulted in double feeds and this weird malfunction:

I had to pull out my Leatherman to fix it. Somehow a round flipped around in the receiver while another round was trying to go in the chamber.

As the day wore on I had double feed after double feed and it really impacted my ability to train.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSU_d1DNVFw

At some point the trainer asked me if I had a bck up gun to use and I sheepishly said "no".

So out of 10 C-Products mags I had two that worked well enough to get through some of the drills with out a fucking double feed.

Those C-Products mags suck shit. Even the 10 round mags cause double feeds.

I put in the Wolf springs and did everything suggested to get those fuckers to work.

I noticed that the mag bodies bulge out at the bottom and the spring sort of hands out/is visible.

I would push the rounds down, about 25, and they would just stick there. Would not come back up.

Sorry for the rant but I seriously don't think I can use the 7.62x39 XCR for training anymore because the shitty magazines make it totally unreliable for me.

I wonder if I soak the mags in oil or something if that will help?

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion. - Proverbs 18:2

Re: More training experiences with the 7.62x39...bad experiences that is.

Damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear. You could try dry lubing like I had to do with the 5.56 Korean mags I got from Cope's. I am going to try painting the follower on those with a dry lube paint and see what happens.

This kind of helped me decide what I want to do with the PDW 7.62 I plan on getting. Those mags being the only option right now really Sucks............... :

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Sorry to hear this. Someone was saying in a thread yesterday that their 7.62 mags were good to go.

Also Alex was on Arfcom yesterday saying C-products had improved the mags since first released and were now good to go.

I wonder if they have changed things since you bought your ten?

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WatchoutforStobor View Post
    Sorry to hear this. Someone was saying in a thread yesterday that their 7.62 mags were good to go.

Also Alex was on Arfcom yesterday saying C-products had improved the mags since first released and were now good to go.

Apparently the newest iteration has nitride treated mag bodies and proper dimensions
    "Amateurs talk about tactics, but professionals study logistics." - Gen. Robert Barrow, USMC (1980)
    www.acrforum.com

Expensive to find out. But does not C-Products provide Lifetime Warranty on their mags?

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"

Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post

Apparently the newest iteration has nitride treated mag bodies and proper dimensions
    I bought two more from 44mag.com I hope they are the new ones you mentioned.
    A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion. - Proverbs 18:2

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Expensive to find out. But does not C-Products provide Lifetime Warranty on their mags?
    I'll look into that. Thanks for the pointer.

Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post

I got the new 7.62x39 C-Product mags from 44mag.com today in the mailand they do have a different treatment on the body, could be the nitride treatment, looks a lot nicer than the paint that was on their previous iteration.

Also, the springs are a lot smaller. Instead of the 23 loops there are now 14. The springs aren't oxidized and look a little thicker.

I can also fit 30 rounds in the magazines as opposed to the 29 I could fit in the original.

So, these new mags definitely look different.

I hope these work.

I'd like to return my other mags to C-Products and get the new ones if they function.

keep us posted if you can. I may just wait for the M to come out and 'kill two birds with one stone' getting something in .308 (bigger bullets).

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"

I'd like to return my other mags to C-Products and get the new ones if they function.
    Call them. I remember reading somewhere that someone returned theirs and C-Products swapped them no questions asked. Doesn't hurt to try.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors