Party is over
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Party is over

Party is over

edited to add: If you've already contacted me about doing some Dura Coat work, then send it on. Otherwise, the shop is closed. I'm too busy right now to keep this up. I hope to resume next Spring. Thanks to everyone, I hope you're pleased with my work.

I currently have more Dura Coat http://www.lauerweaponry.com/images/duracoat_faqs.cfm than I will ever use. I really enjoy the process of refinishing weapons and don't want all this fairly expensive product to go to waste. If any of you board members have items that you would like to have DuraCoated, I'll do them for you for no charge while supplies last. Please note that I cannot receive or work on your lowers. I don't have an FFL, so I can only do uppers and accessories. Just send me an IM or email of what you have and what you want done. I just ask that you send me enough money to pay for the return shipping. This is a hobby of mine that I really enjoy and I'll be glad to help anyone out who wants it. Below is a list of colors that I have. If you want another color, you'll have to buy it and ship it to me.

Some of my projects:

Re: Free DuraCoat

GS, I don't what to say. What a guy! That's a helluva nice offer on your part! Just goes to prove what I've told my friends; "the XCR people are a great bunch of folks!"

I just ordered an M1 Garand from SOG. It should be here in the next couple of days. I was thinking that last color, Snow Gray, might look really nice on it and bring it back to it's former glory. What do you think?

When it arrives, I'll look it over, determine if it's a good candidate and maybe send it to you. Again, thanks for the very kind gesture! 8)
    "No one knows what it's like to be the badman..."-The Who

Quote Originally Posted by badman400 View Post
    GS, I don't what to say. What a guy! That's a helluva nice offer on your part! Just goes to prove what I've told my friends; "the XCR people are a great bunch of folks!"

I just ordered an M1 Garand from SOG. It should be here in the next couple of days. I was thinking that last color, Snow Gray, might look really nice on it and bring it back to it's former glory. What do you think?

When it arrives, I'll look it over, determine if it's a good candidate and maybe send it to you. Again, thanks for the very kind gesture! 8)
    You're welcome. It really is enjoyable for me, and I have so much of it that it's a shame to not use it! I also bought a new compressor and HVLP sprayer, so I want to get some use out of them!
    Sounds like a great project! Just drop me a note when you get the M1!

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

but how do we know we'll get them back

Quote Originally Posted by Geseppe View Post
    For you, the answer is simple. Don't send me anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8santini View Post
    :rofl:

Gr8, I got the Garand, but I'm debating on whether to send you the whole action or just the gas block part. I'm still researching. I may park the rest of it. I'll let you know somehting as soon as I can figure it out. Thanks again.
    "No one knows what it's like to be the badman..."-The Who

Carbineman Master of Scholastics's Avatar

gr8,
    I don't need the duracoat, but I've got to say that you're one great guy. As for Geseppe, I'm hoping he was just kidding. Otherwise, I hope that was his first and last post. What a jerk!

Quote Originally Posted by badman400 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8santini View Post
    :rofl:

Gr8, I got the Garand, but I'm debating on whether to send you the whole action or just the gas block part. I'm still researching. I may park the rest of it. I'll let you know somehting as soon as I can figure it out. Thanks again.
    That's cool, let me know. I'll be glad to refinish anything you want. As an FYI, since I don't have an FFL, I can't receive any firearms. I can do any parts or accessories you want, but can't get the serialized parts. Also, if you want it for your parkerization, I have an entire unopened 1 gallon container of Lauer Custom Weapons Manganese Phosphate Parkerizing Solution that I'll give you to use.
    http://www.lauerweaponry.com/index.c...ate%20Solution
    After my first Dura Coat job, I went nuts buying stuff from them that I've never used.
    P.S. If Badman doesn't want this parkerizing solution, It's free to the first taker.

Can you do any of the other camo patterns?

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Scholastics View Post
    gr8,
    I don't need the duracoat, but I've got to say that you're one great guy. As for Geseppe, I'm hoping he was just kidding. Otherwise, I hope that was his first and last post. What a jerk!
    No biggie. I don't blame people for being wary of the internets. If something looks too good to be true, it usually is, but I'm being totally earnest here. I just finished some stuff for XCR-Fin. After he gets it back, he may chime in to confirm that I'm not running some scam to steal rifle accessories . I have the time and resources to do this for free because I bought too much of it, and hate to see it wasted. I also LOVE doing it, so it's a win-win. Now worries either way. Heck, I told a buddy of mine to buy some more guns so I can use up my DuraCoat!!!
    These are my next victims:

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors