XCR Forum banner

WTS: Custom 10.5" 5.56 Barrel SPF

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  AEnemaBay 
#1 ·
WTS: Custom 10.5" 5.56 Barrel SPF

SPF

Looking to sell my customized 10.5" XCR barrel in 5.56. This barrel is the same one that VariableBinary had for sale back in 2010. The specs, as he listed them, are as follows:

Medium contour
10.5" Length
Chrome lined
1/9 twist
Pinned gas block for bomb proof reliability.
Enlarged gas port for smooth cycling
6.8 piston valve
This is the shortest length barrel ever designed for the XCR standard. To get shorter, you need to buy a Mini.

I have personally ran 350 rounds through this barrel and the results with the different ammunition was:

50 rnds, Wolf Millitary Classic - ran perfectly on setting 2
50 rnds, Silver Bear - ran perfectly on setting 2
50 rnds, Lake City M855 - ran perfectly on setting 2
100 rnds, Tula (from Walmart) - short stroked on 2, FTE on setting 3, ran perfectly on setting 4

So as you can see this barrel ran well with a lot of the common ammunition that people shoot except for the Tula. The only reason I'm giving this barrel up is that the suppressor that I will be using bottoms out on the piston valve before tightening all the way. So I'm going to take my original 16" HB 5.56 and 16" HB 6.8 barrels and have them cut down to 11".

Now as far as purchasing you have a few options. I have the original A2 flash hider (no extra charge), an unknown suppressor mount flash hider (+$25), and a brand new Surefire MB556K brake (+$145). I can install any of these muzzle devices for you if you wish. The cost of the barrel and A2 hider is $295 shipped to your door with insurance. I accept money order, personal check (must wait for it to clear), or discrete Paypal (+4%).

Here's the barrel with the A2:

10.5" barrel with unknown suppressor mount:

10.5" barrel with Surefire MB556K:

Here's the whole barrel:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.