WTB: ACR/XCR stock adapter - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WTB: ACR/XCR stock adapter

Re: WTB: ACR/XCR stock adapter

Thanks for going to bat for us. At least we have an idea of what is going on. I had a rifle at the refinishing place for two years! I was kept up on why and it was kosher. You kept us in the loop and for that, I thank you.
    Little boys do what they want. Real men do what they're supposed to...

Anyone else have one they want to sell?

well you heard it from Ezed, he is done with this. I hope Ezed would be cool with us copying his design if we decide to make another batch ourselves from another machinist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Yeah Ive been reading up and I dont blame him. That would be cool if he passed on the info so we could copy it though.

Rob

If ezed doesn't object, I'll takl to a machinist tomorrow. I will also happily pay EZED royalties on them if he wants as well.

I think Ezed should get royalties, he put a lot of work into this and he is the guy that made it happen. Putting the ACR stock on my XCR is the single biggest improvement to my XCR. While a Professional like Robinson Arms takes 6 years to make a stock, Ezed got it done in less than a year. Ezed also worked part time, with vendors he has no relationship with.

Can you get a hold of him and propose the idea?

Edit: Sent him a PM

I think I helped enough. In the wise words of Ice Cube, "I gots mines!" hahahahaahha

My only regret is I wished I would have bought 2, just in case I buy another XCR.

Hello everyone,
    First, I apologize for being gone for so long. Lots of things happened over the last 6 months.
    Second, the third and final batch went back for another round of anodizing (since the first attempt came back purple) and I have not received them back yet...once again...promises are meant to be broken (with the people I have been dealing with).
    Third...Moosedaddy... I apologize from the bottom of my heart and hope we can make good on this. IF you still want one...you can have the one off my gun. If you are going to sell it...I might as well sell it to someone who wants it. Email me and let know.
    Fourth, anyone who knows me, knows that I am honest and trustworthy....recently, at an internal "Manager's "training" seminar, we had to pick one word to describe each other. The one word that they chose to describe me..."Thoughtful". Now, you cannot get 45 people to tag you as thoughtful, and then be able to screw other people around...just saying.
    Fifth, I received and email and saw a couple of posts on the forum about giving up information and such, so that you guys can make more of these. Let me tell you that, while that all sounds dandy, once you get into it, it is not so much fun. I have spent 30 years in the engineering field, 2 years as a process engineer, had my own business (s) on the side, and have not had as many headaches doing those things, as I have had with this adapter business. I plugged my own personal money into this and ended up losing more than I could have imagined. With all the being said, my partner and I have started talking to someone about making a mold to shoot these things in plastic. Will that happen, I don't know but we have discussed it. We have chosen to shelve that idea for now due to organizational changes taking place within our organization, which eliminate our positions, and, well, you get the idea.
    Someone can take the lead on this information transfer and we can discuss privately. Obviously, I have possession of the hundreds of dollars worth of fixturing,the 3d drawings and can probably otain the program for the particular machine these were machined on.
    Finally, even though this has been a pain in my wallet, I do enjoy the positive feedback about the adapter and just love any pics posted of the XCRs with the ACR stock on them. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy

Sorry about that...duped the posting so deleted the content

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsors