AR500Armor - Page 10
Like Tree15Likes
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: AR500Armor

Huh!
    I'll call them after lunch, and ask about how M193-proof they are.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Huh!
    I'll call them after lunch, and ask about how M193-proof they are.
    I'm guessing they aren't....and they aren't all that much lighter than AR plate if it's 7.95 lbs per plate. 8 lbs is what 1/4" 10x12s weigh anyway.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

You were right - they're not.
    And they were steel / titanium layers..... thus the weight.
    I'm sticking with ceramics, at least for the short term. I just wish I could find a 4 that was in 10X13 (large / XL) instead of just 10X12.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I hear ya there....

On the 10X13...have you tried BulletProofMe.com?

http://www.bulletproofme.com/RP-Leve...and-Alone.html

Scroll down....10.25x13.25 and 11x14 available in Level IV stand alone ceramic. $270 and $290 respectively.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Yeah, I did see those - I should mention that the mediums are half that price (literally).....

So I've got the option: PB&J until I can get the dough for a set in the right size, or keep working out and see if I ever get small enough to fit into medium stuff again.
    That is a possibility, but not a certainty - I didn't go to large DCUs until about 10 years ago when the mediums got a little too tight, but I'm still 20 pounds heavier than my fighting weight.

I'm betting on the mediums. I'm an optimist ;-)
    TexasChris likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    I'm betting on the mediums. I'm an optimist ;-)
    I own two pair of jeans. I refuse to buy more due to my belief, or delusion, that I will shed some weight . I did drop 23lbs., but I can't seem to bust the duce. The target's a buck eighty.

Maybe humpin' those 11x14 plates, and my everything is more important than food budgetary planning will take it's toll on my fossil fuel!

I wish you well on the quest for mediums.
    Bravo and mjorin like this.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"
    -- (reiterated without permission) Rich Hornay

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    I own two pair of jeans. I refuse to buy more due to my belief, or delusion, that I will shed some weight . I did drop 23lbs., but I can't seem to bust the duce. The target's a buck eighty.

Maybe humpin' those 11x14 plates, and my everything is more important than food budgetary planning will take it's toll on my fossil fuel!

I wish you well on the quest for mediums.

What do you mean? That extra weight is your SHTF survival preps. It's way easier to move when it's already on you.

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    What do you mean? That extra weight is your SHTF survival preps. It's way easier to move when it's already on you.
    Ever the half full type.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Hrmmm... how are you figuring the plate sizes you need? Also, how well do ceramics hold up in long term storage?

Quote Originally Posted by Oddux View Post
    Hrmmm... how are you figuring the plate sizes you need? Also, how well do ceramics hold up in long term storage?
    Cut a piece of cardboard to the size you're contemplating...hold it up to your vitals....enough coverage? Yeah or nay? I'd bet bulletproofme.com has a fitment guide as well.

They'll be fine in storage...as long as you don't stack shit on top of them. PE plates are affected by heat....ceramics generally are not, but the aramid fibers can be (if wrapped in something similar).

IMO, it's better to not store them anywhere it would be hotter than what would be comfortable for you to sit....but it's your prerogative.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Sponsors