AR500Armor - Page 2
Like Tree15Likes
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AR500Armor

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Check to see if Arizona LineX (ph:623.516.8711) will apply PX-2100 and PX-3350 to your plates.
    Will do. Thanks for the suggestion! Plenty of places around here do LineX and Rhino.

Is PX-2100 the primer and PX-3350 the PE? If not, what are they? Just wondering.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Will do. Thanks for the suggestion! Plenty of places around here do LineX and Rhino.

Is PX-2100 the primer and PX-3350 the PE? If not, what are they? Just wondering.
    PX-2100 is the spall coating and PX-3350 is the frag trap. All AR500Armor plates now come with the spall coating. The "build up" is the PX-3350.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"
    -- (reiterated without permission) Rich Hornay

PX-2100 is the spall coating and PX-3350 is the frag trap. All AR500Armor plates now come with the spall coating. The "build up" is the PX-3350.
    I think I have that backward. The LineX site indicates that PX-3350 is "blast mitigation". Interesting stuff. Also interesting, according to LineX, MRAPs have PX-2100 coating.

So my guess is base coat of PX-3350 with PX-2100 build up.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Otherwise known as truck bed liner only difference is one is more "rubbery" than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by bgreed View Post
    Otherwise known as truck bed liner only difference is one is more "rubbery" than the other.
    Ya, it's bed liner....but are you saying the 3350 is more rubbery than the 2100 or vice versa?
    Bravo likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I believe the 2100 is more rubbery (softer) than the 3350

My guess is now that they use only PX-2100. The PX-3350 seems to be more for buildings. Rumor has it that PX-2100 has been updated to PX-2150 (what that brings to the table is unknown).

I'll call a local Line-X applicator and see if they can do PX-2100/50 (I have seen posts on some other forums that this has been done). It's not the same as the bed liner material as far as I understand, but material composition data is not readily available. The Paxcon materials (PX-2100/3350) seem to be favored by the military.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"

I still haven't heard boo from TheTargetMan. My margins on AR500Armor aren't great and I'm bound by minimum advertised pricing restraints. I will do what I can to make the best deals possible for forum members.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"

I still haven't heard boo from TheTargetMan. My margins on AR500Armor aren't great and I'm bound by minimum advertised pricing restraints. I will do what I can to make the best deals possible for forum members.
    If I can't get mine coated locally, I'll probably be in contact for another set from you. I hope your business takes off! Good to see some living the dream of being your own boss! Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    If I can't get mine coated locally, I'll probably be in contact for another set from you. I hope your business takes off! Good to see some living the dream of being your own boss! Congrats.
    I've owned a couple of businesses in the past. The dream, Salma Hayek...well, you get the idea. The reality, Rosanne Barr... But I appreciate the encouragement. This time it's a bit different. This time it's passion.

I'm fifty and I just can't embrace another 20 years of writing nonsense software. I write low-level systems crap that is basically for making the damn computers function. Don't get me wrong, it's been interesting because the tech evolves so rapidly. I'm just fed up, solving the same damn problems that I solved 20 years ago. It's kind of like Groundhog Day but the scenery changes.

I'm crawling for now, but the intention is to run. The goal is to design and build weapon systems.

Not that I don't want your business, but considering AR500Armor is in your neighborhood, you may be able to better, considering shipping. I will do everything I can to make you the best deal I can. If you're not in a huge hurry, I'll hand deliver it when I am out that way.

I may try to get into a Gunsite course while out there, but I haven't looked into yet. My Sheriff is a Gunsite instructor. Sadly, Indiana law limits him to two terms and his time is up. His second in command is running and has my support. At minimum, I'm going to hit a range while out there.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsors