AR500Armor
Like Tree15Likes
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: AR500Armor

AR500Armor

I've established a dealer relationship with AR500Armor. I'm still working through the detail of the agreement, my website, and some legalities. I can get their Armor, Carriers, EPIKs, Backpacks, Medical Supplies, and Tactical apparel. I'm still trying to identify lead times and shipping.
    I can't advertise prices below a minimum, so if you are interested, checkout their stuff, at their site, and let me know what you want and I'll workup a quote.

I'm also working on a relationship with TheTargetMan, but that is going a little slower. I'll let you know when I'm ready to roll with them.

Please note, body armor is an ITAR controlled item; I cannot ship internationally. Also, laws vary state to state. In Connecticut, you must buy locally in a FTF transaction, so you'll have to find a local dealer. Other states and localities may have restrictions.
    Federal law forbids convicted felons from possessing body armor. Also, there may be other legal impacts of possessing body armor. I cannot offer legal advise, so please check laws that apply to you before purchasing body armor from anyone.

BTW, my company name is Eberhard Ballistics, LLC. Hopefully I'll get the site up soon.
    Last edited by Mechanic; 04-15-2014 at 10:17 AM.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"
    -- (reiterated without permission) Rich Hornay

Excellent. Thanks!
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Just what I wanted to hear ;-)
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Any opinions on getting a curved back plate rather than just a standard flat one? I have curved front/back in my other two carriers....just wondering if there's any difference in comfort if you go flat for a back plate.

***EDIT***From AR500's site:

"The ASC Cut allows improved shoulder movement when worn as a back plate, with minimal coverage loss. We also offer traditional square cut back plates which offer maximum coverage."

Guess that answers the part about shoulder movement; still don't know if you need the curve or not.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 04-15-2014 at 01:28 PM.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

JFYI...AR500Armor isn't willing to coat raw plates. No biggie...just thought I'd check since they are local to me.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

You mean coat plates that you get from them, or plates you bring in?
    They do coat their plates:
    "AR500 Armor® Level III Body Armor is manufactured from an extremely rugged ballistic grade steel core and coated with our PAXCON (a division of Line-X) spall and fragmentation protective coating."
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Any opinions on getting a curved back plate rather than just a standard flat one? I have curved front/back in my other two carriers....just wondering if there's any difference in comfort if you go flat for a back plate.

***EDIT***From AR500's site:

"The ASC Cut allows improved shoulder movement when worn as a back plate, with minimal coverage loss. We also offer traditional square cut back plates which offer maximum coverage."

Guess that answers the part about shoulder movement; still don't know if you need the curve or not.
    I don't see the square plate (not ASC) offered with a curve. I believe it really depends on your shape and personal preference. It seems odd that they don't make the square plate with a curve. I shall ask them about it.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    JFYI...AR500Armor isn't willing to coat raw plates. No biggie...just thought I'd check since they are local to me.
    Check to see if Arizona LineX (ph:623.516.8711) will apply PX-2100 and PX-3350 to your plates.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    You mean coat plates that you get from them, or plates you bring in?
    They do coat their plates:
    "AR500 Armor® Level III Body Armor is manufactured from an extremely rugged ballistic grade steel core and coated with our PAXCON (a division of Line-X) spall and fragmentation protective coating."

No, the plates I already have.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    I don't see the square plate (not ASC) offered with a curve. I believe it really depends on your shape and personal preference. It seems odd that they don't make the square plate with a curve. I shall ask them about it.

That's fine. Pretty sure I want the ASC cut on the back plate too just for more shoulder movement. I was just wondering if curvature was necessary on the back or if it made any difference.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsors