EOTech - Page 2
Like Tree317Likes
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: EOTech

Quote Originally Posted by RWSgunsmithing View Post
    Now if your not gonna have a store front then let them know as this might help you. Also let them know your gonna be a class 2 manufacturer and that you want to offer there products on guns you build and demonstrate.
    Thanks for the idea, I appreciate that. I will give that a shot. Frankly, from reviews that I've seen, I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. There's better glass out there for the money. I will at least attempt to pick some up and compare for myself.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"
    -- (reiterated without permission) Rich Hornay

Post #2 updated...FFL is in hand!
    Bravo likes this.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"

Congrats man !!!!
    When Mad Max comes... I'll be waiting !!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SS.Pic View Post
    Congrats man !!!!
    I appreciate that, thank you. It's not quite finished yet, but getting there. A bit of zoning work and the SOT and I should be finished with regulation madness. Well, not to include ongoing record keeping. My ATF guy was nice and surprisingly helpful. I've got a couple of projects underway before I can start prototyping firearms and cans. Should be fun if nothing else.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"

Post #2 updated. SOT filed, now RA dealer.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"

WooHoo!
    I like it when a plan comes together!

Not that I'm saying anything - in the least - against either Kermit or Nate, I just like seeing more dealers out there.
    The more XCRs that are sold, the more I believe I'll have a source of spare parts in the future ;-)
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Almost there. I should have the SOT by July 1st. My zoning woes are a problem locally.

Their new brochure shows 300 BLK as an available caliber for the -Ls, though it wasn't in the price list.
    I need to ask RA about customized XCRs, but I plan to offer value-add solutions like barrels/calibers, finish jobs, etc... Maybe even a custom lower for mag well options. Smithing and custom work is really my theme. I certainly don't want to compete directly with the beaver and frog. I've made a few purchases from Nate and have been quite pleased with his service. I will stock some parts (uppers, lowers, etc...), so maybe between the three of us, someone can have something if needed.

I would like to get some Indiana XCR buzz going. While the XCR is not perfect, I admire the simplicity of the action.

I measured the compression of the recoil spring at roughly 13 lbs. One thing I would like to do is try a dual spring to lower the energy needed to cycle. The first stage would have less compressive strength. The second stage would kick in once the bolt clears the mag to absorb the remaining recoil. Coupled with a finer tuned gas system, it should allow for simpler subsonic support.

I'm setting up some accounts with barrel makers as well. I'll be ordering some ultra light barrels from Lothar-Walther in the next couple of days. I'll be putting some vids out of chips flying and testing once I'm rolling. As stated before, .338Spectre and .270 WSM are a couple of calibers I am very interested in. I plan to build a CNC rifling machine at some point.

This hobby business may yet put me in the poor house. I would love to get to the point where I can say goodbye to writing boring-ass software, but it pays the bills at the moment.
    fmunk likes this.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"

Nice. Hope it all goes well. I'm toying with the idea of having a machine shop mill off the side rails and put in Magpul's M-Lok slots. Not that I'm a Magpul fan, I just like the look of simple slots more than key mod... and Magpul accessories and add-on rail sections are or will be readily available.

Trouble is, since I'm not a manufacturer, Magpul will not release specs to me on the slots.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Nice. Hope it all goes well. I'm toying with the idea of having a machine shop mill off the side rails and put in Magpul's M-Lok slots. Not that I'm a Magpul fan, I just like the look of simple slots more than key mod... and Magpul accessories and add-on rail sections are or will be readily available.

Trouble is, since I'm not a manufacturer, Magpul will not release specs to me on the slots.
    Doesn't the PDF show everything you need? You can determine your own spacing....

http://magpul.commercev3.com/downloa...lease_FAQs.pdf
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Doesn't the PDF show everything you need? You can determine your own spacing....

http://magpul.commercev3.com/downloa...lease_FAQs.pdf

The FAQ provides length and height of the slot but does not provide specifics for the radius of the corners... or if the cuts need to be beveled. I'd rather have all specifics than the guess what isn't shown in the FAQ only to find out what I've extrapolated from the images in the FAQ is wrong. 1 trip to the machine shop is cheaper than multiple trips.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsors